Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my fourth tank with this module and at first i was quite disappointed with the results as it appeared that my mileage had actually decreased. Quadzilla tech support suggesting downloading one of the free updates which would in turn flash the module and debug any issues with the programming. He said that their "MPG City" update is a must as it advances the timing that much more. Re and re'd the unit with the update and drove two full tanks. My mileage went from 14.75L/100km to 13.40L/100km with 95% city driving (that's 15.95mpg to 17.55mpg for you non metric types).

The truck runs smoother,idles better and has a wee bit more pep under accleration. All in all for the $159 price tag, it was well worth the money. It's also updatable to the xzt+ for an additional 120bucks which is always nice.

There is also a boost fooler update for free.

This probably won't interest most on here as the name of the game seems to be big power and economy, but for the more modest owner this may be a nice option that worked well for me and certainly didn't break the bank or my truck.

Cheers!

·
Registered
201 Posts
i too have have this one, but opted to keep my diablo an quad boostfooler on instead, just left this one taped to the dash to make folks wonder, i got 23 out of the diablo, but interesting non the less to hear how its workin for others.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If and when i upgrade to a programmer for more power i will definatley be considering the diablo predator as many have seemed to have good success with it and it's certainly affordable.

But for now the M3 has certainly done what it claimed to do and for much, much less than other similar products on the market.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
i just got one of these my self. havent even ran 1/2 tank w it on yet. i was wondering about puting the city tune on mine. i tow a 5er here and there and have heard not to tow with advanced timing. i just dont know how much the city tune advances timing.

any ideas for me? should i load the city tune?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would give the people at Quadzilla a call and ask one of their techs. i've spoken with them a few times when i was unhappy at first at they are very patient and helpful.

The guy told me that the stock tune is more oriented towards maximizing highway/open driving while the city tune really makes a difference for stop and go nonsense.

I don't know exactly how much more advanced the timing is compared to the stock tune, but these economy chips are fairly mild in all respects so i wouldn't imagine it would be anything too extreme.

My suggestion would be to run it as is and see what kind of results you get. Then if you are unsatisfied you can load the city tune and see if it helps out. There is a download on their website for the original programming that it comes with out of the factory so i believe you can reset it to stock if you don't like the change.

Also give it a few tanks before you make up your mind. At least for my truck i found that it had a rather large "learning curve" before i started to see the numbers. Now my overhead display numbers are slowely increasing which is a good sign since the number was stagnent for the better part of 6 months and i was convinced that it was maybe broken.:confused013:

Give it some time and if you really aren't happy withit after a few tanks on each setting you can always fire it back to them for a refund.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts