Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Quadzilla Commander installed and sometimes when I turn the truck on the Commander screen doesn't come on. If I push the buttons it makes sounds so it has power but the screen is blank. If I turn the key off and then back on, sometimes it will pop on. Anyone else experience this? I know it's installed correctly (by a Quadzilla dealer, plus I verified the installation with the instructions) and unfortunately the dealer I bought it from the other day is half way across the country. Any ideas?
Also on my truck there is no boost gauge and it doesn't come up on the Commander. Is there a kit I need to get a boost reading?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
the commander is not a quality product , mine is not working on one of the inputs , i am lucky enough to know how to to trouble shoot the system to see what part is bad . send the head back to quad for repair , the commander uses the existing map sensor for boost reading you have to program the boost to come up on the screen start by programing the unit like it was new just because he was a quad dealer does not mean he knew what he was doing . once you have boost on the screen and test drive if no boost reading go to the map sensor it is on top left side about center of motor you will see where he installed a blue wire tap look in the directions and see if he connected it to the correct wire if that is ok next take the blue tap off and throw it away and skin the wire back and wrap the commander wire around it and tape it if no reading then the head has a 2nd problem if in doubt about the correct wire pm me and i will look at one of our 06's and get you the color

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just emailed them... we'll see what they say about it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I was going to say, giving them a call first would have been a good thing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is the commander a bad purchase?

the commander is not a quality product , mine is not working on one of the inputs , i am lucky enough to know how to to trouble shoot the system to see what part is bad . send the head back to quad for repair , the commander uses the existing map sensor for boost reading you have to program the boost to come up on the screen start by programing the unit like it was new just because he was a quad dealer does not mean he knew what he was doing . once you have boost on the screen and test drive if no boost reading go to the map sensor it is on top left side about center of motor you will see where he installed a blue wire tap look in the directions and see if he connected it to the correct wire if that is ok next take the blue tap off and throw it away and skin the wire back and wrap the commander wire around it and tape it if no reading then the head has a 2nd problem if in doubt about the correct wire pm me and i will look at one of our 06's and get you the color
I was just curious what all problems have you had with your commander ? I had lots when I installed mine,but most of mine were my fault, I still can't get somethings to work correctly. I was just wondering if I made a bad purchase.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
the fuel pressure sending unit will not hold up to the pulsations of the pump's we have used a couple of work arounds to help one is to use a 18" grease gun hose and a snubber and then connect the sender the other is to use a 6' oil pressure gauge line and a snubber we just leave most of the line coiled up . next troublesome is bad crimps on connectors last is failures of electronics like the one on my truck and on supercynic quad stands behind there product it is just aggravating

·
Registered
256 Posts
anyone know what color the wires are comming off of the commander are for the fuel pressure sender? i have a sensor and was just going to wire it into the wiring at the green plug but not sure what color they are..?

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
I have had my commandeer for almost two years and the only issue I have had is the fuel sending unit. The replacement Quad sent me was over a year ago and it's working fine.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just sent mine to them 3 days ago. So far their customer service dept. has been excellent at helping me through some issues. The box just died a week ago so he's going to let me know what the problem is. I'll post the results.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quadzilla just called me and said the processor was bad so they put a new one in and it's on it's way back to me. Great customer service over there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts