Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent off payment for a quadzilla Commander and XZT2 programmer and would welcome any help on the instal. I am located in Ft Leonardwood, MO (exit 161 of I44) I will buy some beer or sodas for any help.

Also with that said is there anything I need to be extra aware of before I start this? How long is the install for the commander?

·
Registered
317 Posts
its a pretty easy install. just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read the directions and it looks esier than I thought. The Commander was the part I was most concerned with but I have a couple people to help so should go pretty easy and pretty fast. I see the Commander has a function wehre you can set the Temp the HP CHip will begin operating, so what temp should that be set on?

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
I set my warm up to 160 and my defuel at 1200. I know most people go hotter on the defuel but I didnt want to take any chances and it doesnt run hot so it takes a while to get to 1200 anyway.

·
Registered
368 Posts
its a pretty easy install. just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.
What he said...it's an easy install. I was nervous about it when I did mine but there wasn't anything to it. I guess what I was worried about the most was drilling into the exhaust manifold and I had my dad do that. The rest of it was gravy.

What chip are you going to run with it?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Xztii........

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i just bought the same set-up ... i think it will be alot more user friendly than my predator... changing tunes on the fly & built in gauges its almost like the best of both worlds ( time will tell i guess )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts