Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a quad boost fooler i noticed it raises my mileage by 3mpg! Its the truck in my sig the 06 it used to suit alot but now it is minimal a little different power curve but about the same.

I was wondering with the mod in my sig what should i be running for EGT's and what are "safe" EGT numbers

Was also wondering if anyone at all has had any problems what so ever with a boost fooler or a quadzilla especially.

Kinda would like to know how a boost fooler works or what it actually does

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
from what i have been told a BF tricks the ecm into thinking its not making enough boost (i think ) so it does a little of this and that and the result is it helps the turbo to make approx. 8 more PSI of boost.
seems Quad has a really good reputation & makes a great product.

i`m sure someone with a more scientific expenation of a BF will chime in.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
3mpg, overhead or hand calculated........ yes it does allow higher boost, but thats a lot of mpg gain...... good luck, I know mine didn't add gain like that.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mpgs are overhead and it went from getting like 16.5 to 19-20

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I highly doubt they are related. The BF doesn't do anything until your above 22psi of boost, which is not the MPG zone. Essentially the BF is a WOT tool. What it does is only allow the ECM to see 22psi max so that your electronic WG will not open.

On a stock truck it may reduce the EGT's a few degrees(but only at WOT), but the biggest decrease in EGT's on a stock truck comes from increasing the injection timing.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont know why but as soon as i put it in the mileage went up?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hand calc your mileage, and I bet there will be no difference from before the BF. I'm running CL and my overhead says I'm getting 24.2 (actually getting 18.5).

·
Registered
290 Posts
I dont know about ONLY getting 8psi more.. before the BF i would only reach about 24-26psi before the wastegate would open.. now if i get on it hard and stay on it, i have seen spikes of 42-45psi.. EGTs about 1200*-1300*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts