Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about buying some kind of boost fooler. I have been looking at both the Quadzilla boost fooler and the Fleece performance boost fooler. The quadzilla fooler is only $120.00 while the fleece fooler is almost $400.00. What is the difference between the two foolers? I have heard that the fleece offers a little extra horsepower when used with a programmer, what about the quadzilla? Tell me what you guys think about each of these boost foolers?

·
Unreconstructed
6,113 Posts
I personally like the Quadzilla...mainly b/c It is always capable of raising boost pressure without having to adjust a knob...In other words...when you "need" that extra boost...it'll always be right there...Just mash the pedal more! LOL

Know what I mean?

Plus...for the money...I don't need all of those "functions" that the Fleece does...mainly b/c I just don't care what they do...I'm not worried as much about MPG's as I am having a "power-monster"!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Kind Of Seems That The Only People Who Back The Fleece Are Those Who Are Friends In The Area Of Fleece, Noone Else Seems To Be That Impressed With It, For The Money And Function Why Not The Quad, Same Thing Only Less Money

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
I personally like the Quadzilla...mainly b/c It is always capable of raising boost pressure without having to adjust a knob...In other words...when you "need" that extra boost...it'll always be right there...Just mash the pedal more! LOL

Know what I mean?

Plus...for the money...I don't need all of those "functions" that the Fleece does...mainly b/c I just don't care what they do...I'm not worried as much about MPG's as I am having a "power-monster"!
Dur the FPE is a full time boost fooler no matter where the knob is set. The knob is just to open or close the VGT turbo vanes encase you want better fuel milage or faster spooling.

The quad doesn't put out anymore power then the FPE. But the FPE can have your torque raised in lower RPMs unlike quad.

Again, the FPE is a full time boost fooler! The knob has nothing to do with boost fooling. And I am not connected with Fleece.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I personally like them both i have the quad and love what it does for the price but if i had a job right now :buttkick: i would def have went with the fleece over the quad because of the features of controlling the vanes but it is kinda pricey but you get what you pay for the only thing i would like to see fleece do is put on a connector to make it plug and play without having to splice any wires but all in all they are both good fooolers and good companys just like people have stated us 6.7 guys demanded a boost fooler and look fleece went above and beyond and gave us a fooler and controller.

·
Unreconstructed
6,113 Posts
Dur the FPE is a full time boost fooler no matter where the knob is set. The knob is just to open or close the VGT turbo vanes encase you want better fuel milage or faster spooling.

The quad doesn't put out anymore power then the FPE. But the FPE can have your torque raised in lower RPMs unlike quad.

Again, the FPE is a full time boost fooler! The knob has nothing to do with boost fooling. And I am not connected with Fleece.
Yeah...I never said one gave more power than the other one...Especially not until I see the same truck on a dyno with one...then the other, back to back...

Which I would like to see!

I know it adjust the vanes in or out...If you adjust the vains in while cruising down the interstate, then you will have less boost, which will give you better MPG's...

and adjust them out, it increases your low-end torque (more boost than stock)...

I was just saying that i like the "simplicity" of the QUAD...b/c I don't need all of that other fancy stuff...Especially not for $300 more than the Quad...

I could buy the Quad, save that extra money + $59.00, and buy a Extreme Power Puck.

I'm NOT downing Fleece's product...They produce quality products...however...just a little pricey for my budget...

I know the Fleece does several cool things, but...TO ME...It's not worth the $300 more...

·
Registered
554 Posts
i love my fleece

faster spool up on demand
max boost on demand
and i can make it smoke like a train lol:party018:
and it sounds cool, wat more could i want

·
Registered
622 Posts
Skin is correct. The FPE fools all the time.

Quad:
-Plug and play
-Fools boost
-5hp and 15ft-lbs

Fleece:
-Splice one wire (connectors "coming soon"), power and ground
-Fools boost limit in all knob positions
-Decrease vain position
*allows you to "roll coal"
*increased mileage at highway crusing speeds
-Increase vain position
*bring power on quicker +80ft-lbs at 2100 rpm
*more noticable turbo noise.
-Over all +10hp and +20ft-lbs

I'll shut up now since I am a person "WhO Are FriEnds In THe AreA Of FleeCe"

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have had both and I would go with the quad. Its cheaper and their customer service is top notch compared to fleece.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts

Quad:
-Plug and play
-Fools boost
-5hp and 15ft-lbs

Fleece:
-Decrease vain position
-Increase vain position

i thought the connectors was too expensive?? now you bring them out after quad :buttkick: haha

But i got 5 horse from quad and 22 ft lbs same day dyyno and brought it on allot quicker :shock:

As far as smoke switch my quad light dont light up no more and ya wanna see smoke :hehe: My quad quit working so trying to get new one soon, i had it with my edge and now hooked up with xrt it decided to stop working i guess :confused013:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
hit up james he has a great price for them quad foolers as well rollin smoke diesel!! for the money there is no comparison, buy the quad and save the rest for a air dog cause you wont need much more if ya was thinking about the fleeced unit

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Maybe fleece will go down to 100 bucks now.:lol4:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
i love my fleece

faster spool up on demand
max boost on demand
and i can make it smoke like a train lol:party018:
and it sounds cool, wat more could i want
I second this :headbang:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Or maybe they'll keep charging $359 since it adjusts.
$86 ~vs~ $359.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cowpunch love your avatars:drool2: Thanks for the information guys glad to hear good things about both products will probably go with the quadzilla just because it is cheaper.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Quad:
-Plug and play
-Fools boost
-5hp and 15ft-lbs

Fleece:
-Decrease vain position
-Increase vain position

What do u mean by "bring power on quicker +80ft-lbs at 2100 rpm"?

·
Banned
201 Posts
Kind Of Seems That The Only People Who Back The Fleece Are Those Who Are Friends In The Area Of Fleece, Noone Else Seems To Be That Impressed With It, For The Money And Function Why Not The Quad, Same Thing Only Less Money
That's a pretty uneducated statement I believe. Fleece does a nice job, they're crazy busy all the time. Both Brayden & Chase mean well.

Unless you've dealt w/ them or actually took time to show up at their shop, you just wouldn't understand. By showing up you'd get the best possible treatment.

Those who are serious go the extra mile, for example the guys from Alabama that make the drive to check things out.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Um im no friend of the fleece area. I dont know any of them. I got the fleece from another member on the forums and what can i say besides i love it. And the quad and the fleece are no where near the same thing! Do some searching you will find that they do way different things.

·
Banned
201 Posts
The Fleece controller gives multiple options and in the longrun, that's what I'd want if a I had a 6.7

·
Registered
622 Posts
That's a pretty uneducated statement I believe. Fleece does a nice job, they're crazy busy all the time. Both Brayden & Chase mean well.

Unless you've dealt w/ them or actually took time to show up at their shop, you just wouldn't understand. By showing up you'd get the best possible treatment.

Those who are serious go the extra mile, for example the guys from Alabama that make the drive to check things out.
Very well put!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts