Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the quadzilla boost fooler is any good. Currently running the edge, turbo back exhaust, AFE intake for my 06 3500. Are they worth getting, price seems very resonable I just don't want to get any check engine lights on. Thanks

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
Moved to the 3rd gen performance for better exposure.:thumbsup
I have never heard any bad reports on the Quad boost fooler....:thumbsup

·
Banned
516 Posts
i have a boost fooler and i like it, it doesn't boost overly high for your stock turbo! good mod for the price...cant beat it.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I've always heard great things about them so I bought one. What a waste! On mine it robs me of power slowly over the day. Power and smoke levels go down the more I drive with it on! So its in the glove box, I saw it put on an 04.5 and it made NO noticable difference with mine and a brand new one!

Let me put it this way, I'll be selling mine.

·
Banned
516 Posts
but if you have a programmer it will help! if it is a stock truck which is appears you have...i cant imagine it doing anything. but if you have a programmer its worth it!

·
Registered
134 Posts
..question..

..this is kinda bone headed of me but I got to thinking then I got confused, does the boost fooler actually limit boost or does it make the comp think its lower than actual? I see 44 max on the commander.

:peelout

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've been wondering about boost foolers too. How do thay actually work? And would it be good to run one with my Smarty? Im seeing 34psi on level sw3.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I came here to ask this very question..... it seems they are new on ebay for about $50 shipped. I was wondering if this would be a worthwhile addition to an totally otherwise stock 07 6spd 5.9?????? If I get a smarty would you still run this on the truck??

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
IMO, Boost fooler is ONLY for an aftermarket turbo. Smarty can boost fool. Most boxes boost fool. It won't do anythign for a stock truck...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
but if you have a programmer it will help! if it is a stock truck which is appears you have...i cant imagine it doing anything. but if you have a programmer its worth it!
I really need to change my sig nobody gets thats it's sarcastic. I have more than just a programmer and IT IS NOT WORTH IT. Dont get caught up in this hype.

·
2,246 Posts
Its worth it when you are only running a programmer and going past 45psi of boost. A smarty will boost fool till 45psi which is where the stock map sensor goes out of range, most boxes/modules will boost fool, so a boost fooler is not needed. If you have an aftermarket turbo and no box/module and just a programmer such as a smarty, then you will not be able to go over 45psi, the ecm will defuel the motor after that.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have the bully dog t.d. w/c.lry. and when i put bigger injecters in it started over boosting and defueling , put the boostfooler in and it stoped. watch egt's mine get pretty high with the mp-8 on high and running crazy larry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts