Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who are running the quadzilla adrenaline whats the best tune overall? right now ive got the torque tune that surges and smokes a lot. ive got 150 hp injectors and a phaft shaft 66 with a 5 speed. im racing it this weekend and need a good tune. the one in it now is smokey and just overfuels. anyone have good suggestions to which tune would be best for my setup?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
comp2 i think i heard good results on here.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
comp2 gets my vote. but the 3000 is a little smoother.

·
Registered
940 Posts
how are yall downloading them? I cant seem to get mine to work to allow me to download new tunes! running a Windows XP

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
what is happening when you try to download? is the puter making noise like you are plugging it in and out?

·
Registered
940 Posts
yeah that is it, making a sound but not opening anything and tired to download Firmwire things but doesnt seem to work either

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
someone better with computers might chime in tonight, but i had to call quad when mine did this... took about 3 minutes on the phone with tech support and it was fixed. the problem is the drivers in the computer it cant find the right driver.. all i remember is i had to go into the controll panel and thats where i forget what he had me do :lol3:

·
Registered
940 Posts
yeah, plan to get up in the morning and try calling them since not open at night

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I use the comp 2, comp, and some sick tune that this one guy called "The throw you in your seat tune" That one was much more aggressive then the comp2 tune. If your truck surges, you would know it. Smoothness of the tune is pretty much how it pulls at wot..its either a smooth or rough pull.

·
Registered
377 Posts
well how do u custom tune on the pulse? i got one and cant figure it out. im about pissed about it lol

·
Registered
940 Posts
I am running the Dyno stock stacked with Smarty lvl8 and its nasty, surges some at 70mph cruise but just turn it down to lower power level and is smooth

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
well how do u custom tune on the pulse? i got one and cant figure it out. im about pissed about it lol
go to the custom tuning mode, and change whatever parameter you want.. make sure you save the tune. load the tune # 1 or 2 and you done

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm looking at getting a quad, can you retard timing for better economy? have you had many problems with yours at all?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If your looking for better fuel milage wouldn't you advance the timing?? But yes, you can adjust the timing from i think its 7 degrees to 10 degrees extra with 7 being the lowest. I just bought my quad used off this forum and i haven't had any problems yet..

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
you can adjust timing from 0 - 10. and if you want mileage you add timing

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
to you who aint change program, I was told by quadzilla if you have a 64 bit processor, than more htan likely you cant do it, but somtimes you can download a software from the intenet which will alow your computer to read the usb. I cant do anyhing with my xzt+. I got rid of my adrenaline abot a year ago when i blew my pump and exploded my Super HX40. BTW they are junk.

·
Registered
23 Posts
so will a custom tune still give you multiple stages or are you stuck with the one power level, sorry about the dumb questions just trying to learn on here.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
to you who aint change program, I was told by quadzilla if you have a 64 bit processor, than more htan likely you cant do it, but somtimes you can download a software from the intenet which will alow your computer to read the usb. I cant do anyhing with my xzt+. I got rid of my adrenaline abot a year ago when i blew my pump and exploded my Super HX40. BTW they are junk.
They your pump+turbo coudnt handle the fueling of the QUAD? :D whathappen?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts