Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Quad and added 150 Scheid injectors. What do y'all think would be the best tune to run...1000 or 2000? We also added a AirDog 150. I tried the BETA comp tune and its not good at all for cruising and way to much for the stock turbo...Silver 64 is coming but not for a couple of months. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
It would help if you filled out your sig so we know what truck you are running them in, so we know if you have a hx or hy...

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Run whatever tune you want but turn it down to keep temps down.
I'd also recommend a 62/71/14 with the quad and 150's instead of the Silver 64.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys...it's a '99 Auto.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've had a 1000 tune turned all the way up and 150s in my truck for a few months, probably 6 and she is still going strong.

It does get hot, but I've also got 35"s with 3.55 gearing so that right there does a big loading going down the freeway at 80. Over half throttle and I can hit 1200 degrees pretty easy.

I don't necessarily recommend it, but if you have a bigger turbo coming soon, go for it. I've got an HT3B waiting for me at work, but it's plowing season so I can't install that for a little while yet. Once the snow is gone this spring I will start tearing it apart and do twins.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Full SunCoast going in next weekend. I just dont want to blow the engine...haha.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I wish I had a trans :(

·
Registered
215 Posts
I loved that set up fun set up with the hx35 got a lil warm at wot tho. I also have a 4k box

1 - 9 of 9 Posts