Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Quad Adrenaline

1734 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  drewskie211
Hey guys, lookin at the quad adrenaline. How much are you guys paying for them and where? Also, are they truely worth it???? My diesel guy told me that this was the way to go on vp trucks.....i originally was looking at a smarty but was told that is more for cr trucks. Thanks!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
9,857 Posts
smarty only does 65hp on vp trucks, here's my adrenaline on vs off on a dyno with the stock turbo...

also got mine on ebay.

· Registered
98.5, 24 valve, nv4500, 4wd, ecsb…..07 mega cab, 5.9, 3500, 4wd
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jigabop,

no problems with stock tranny? thats my BIGGEST CONCERN!!!! :(

· Registered
75 Posts
$445 on xtreme diesel.com

· Registered
9,857 Posts
jigabop,

stock clutch can't take the power for too long, but the stock trans will take it 24/7/365 that 6-spd is a tough SOB.

i'm just waiting on funds so I can get the 3600DD clutch and be done with the clutch slippage probs for what i got now, and for future mods.

· Registered
274 Posts
Hey guys, lookin at the quad adrenaline. How much are you guys paying for them and where? Also, are they truely worth it???? My diesel guy told me that this was the way to go on vp trucks.....i originally was looking at a smarty but was told that is more for cr trucks. Thanks!
Got Adrenaline and Pulse from Farm Boys Diesel for $600, its a powerful box so watch out.

· Registered
99 Posts
Rolling smoke diesel has them for 570 with pulse, im also looking to get one soon

· Registered
440 Posts
jigabop,

stock clutch can't take the power for too long
yup, i put mine on and soon as i turned it up all the way stock clutch started to slip when it built boost.

new clutch and good to go.:thumbsup:

· Registered
1,472 Posts
i would get the edge juice with attitude HOT because quad stops fueling at the factory rev limiter while the hot juice fuel 400 more rpms

· Registered
39 Posts
Thoroughbred diesel has em' for 509 last time I checked and they can warranty it if there is a problem. Be careful who you buy it from because some places can't warranty it. I just installed a quad on my truck and I used to have a comp box and the power difference is great. I do have a few problems that I have to iron out but for the most part it works really well.

· Registered
39 Posts
I just posted about the problems I have with it. To me for now I can deal with the issues but it will take some to figure them out. I do think its a great chip, the edge I had was too but the quad definitely puts out more and with more to offer.

· Registered
201 Posts
Going from a power puck to the adrenaline will seem like a huge jump so I am sure you will like the adrenaline. Just plan on getting an upgraded clutch as my stocker pretty much blew up after 3k miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.