Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as of right now im thinking of getting rid of my brand new adren box because of all the injection pumps ive heard of dieing while using the adren. I talked to BD today about there new High Performance pump and how it will hold up to the adren and we got to talking about the adren and how it kills IPs. I just had a buddy who lost his IP while using the adren. Let me what your thoughts are on this whole thing. Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
I never had a problem with my ip with the adrenaline w pulse
I did change the stock lift pump out tho with an air dog and all was running good to the last second when i hit the trailer:banghead:

·
Registered
262 Posts
its probably people running the adrenaline with the stock lift pump that puts out -3 psi of fuel pressure:hehe:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no no hes running a Fass that has good presure. Is there anyone that lost there IP with the adren. and using a Airdog or Fass?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
It killed mine. But didnt kill it completly. Just had to let it reset. We are gettuing fixes from quad so it should be all good. And I am running more than 3psi. I believe it has somrthing to do with runaway diesel saftey settings. Or so I've read.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
nah. At least not how mine was. It disabled the pump. Let it reset then all was good.

·
Not like the others......
5,116 Posts
Any wire tap box can kill an IP.
I was a beta tester for 8 months and never heard of an Adren. killing a VP44.
You'll be fine.

They are having trouble with some of the tunes killing the truck, that is what kooinmanj is talking about. It just shuts the truck off and you have to reset the Adren. or wait a few minutes to start the truck back up.

·
Registered
606 Posts
me and a buddy who was running quad adrs lost injection pumps it had the code that was the timing module on the pump on both of are trucks so idk they make me nervous

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I repeat..........
I have seen 2 boxes killed from edge products. One was a comp and one was a juice. Any wire tap can ruin an injection pump. Its not only quad. I have been running mine for a year at 19psi at idle and it is the best box. i love it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I too have been running the ADR and a Raptor 150 with 20psi at idle, knock on wood I am going good.lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had my IP go out about a week after I got my ADR. I don't belive it was the ADR, it was just my IP's time to go. 160,000 miles on the IP aint too bad:confused013:

Here it is
timing thingy was destroyed

Ben

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
VP44s just go bad.. Its just my type of luck that makes break right after a major mod. If I bought an adrenaline would my brand new VP go south? NO. Would one with 100k+ miles on it? Maybe.

·
Western WA President
8,439 Posts
my IP has god knows how many miles on it, and its seen low pressure a couple times for very very short periods, and shes still pumpin strong...and now shes got an airdog150 fuelin her.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think what is happening here is people have a mis-understanding of "adr killing my pump". The Adrenaline is fueling or de-fueling so hard that it shuts the truck off. Doesnt mean the VP44 is dead, just means the fuel lines were run dry. Crack the injector lines and it will start back up.

The VP44 is not the indestructable P-Pump. They can and do fail... but I wouldnt blame failure on a Fueling Box. Its usually lack of fuel that kills these pumps. Remember the Fuel Cools and Lubricates the VP44 so it is vital to have plenty of clean fuel flowong through it. A good lift pump will go a long way with a good VP. But if your VP is already worn out a good lift pump isnt going to save it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts