Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking at adding some fuel to the truck. What is everyones opinion on the adrenaline and EJWA? Im looking to take this truck to semi high hp levels and eventually take to the track, but for the moment it is my DD.. Which one should i get?

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is a huge debate on here!!!:confused013: lol I have an EJWA W/ Hot unlock and I love it, I plan on making 500 to 550 horse with mine. when I got mine the quad was having issues so I went with the Edge. Also right after I got mine, I cant remeber if it was a member or one of the diesel mags did a test on a stock truck with both of them and the quad made more HP with the stock truck, but when that started to add injectors, turbo and other upgrades the Edge made more power. But that was 2 or 3 years ago and by the sound of it the Quad lets you do a little bit more fine tuning, and the Edge is really easy to control.

Reactions: dieselspeed01

·
Registered
389 Posts
Too many opinions on this one. I love my edge. But you know both are going to do roughly the same thing. Look at both, and choose which in cab monitor/ features you want to be dealing with every day.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: Paco98

·
Registered
249 Posts
I vote quad. If anything happens to it they are right down the road from us. Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@stacked.. Are they really? I didn't know that I'm leaning toward the quad. Just thought I'd ask around see what people had to say

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah man, they are right up there off jacksboro hwy or 199 south in lake worth. Talk to Jeremy, he will help u out with anything u need.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
We need a sticky devoted to only this topic, where all of the threads relating to this debate are linked to it.

Nevermind, now that I think of it, no newbies will bother using it. :hehe:

I've had both the quad and edge. Both are good boxes IMO. However I switched to the quad in favor of a little more power and a lot more adjustability/tuning. I would have to say Quad > Edge but to each their own.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
No difference except for custom tune with quad which can get a bit boring..., it's a coin flip

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
00dodgecummins.. I posted this thread to get a reply like yours. The ole search button is full of people saying how they like yours. Few have tried both.. Thank you

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
You really can't go wrong with either as long as you aren't buying the really old quads which are controversial in regards to reliability. I believe the quad has some more oomph though, depending on which tune you choose.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/9...ssion/96375-adrenaline-custom-tunes-only.html

Very long but itll help you understand custom tuning a little bit more if you want to.

I love the torq tune. Some say it's really smoky and doesn't have much top end but with my truck it fuels perfectly up to 3200 and is better than any other tune ive tried so far when speaking for power.

The 3000 tune is one of my favorites for daily driving.

·
FRIENDS OF COAL
3,405 Posts
Hey guys im looking at adding some fuel to the truck. What is everyones opinion on the adrenaline and EJWA? Im looking to take this truck to semi high hp levels and eventually take to the track, but for the moment it is my DD.. Which one should i get?
If I had a dollar.......

But to answer your question. Like everything in life there are advantages and disadvantages for everything... The Qaud is a good programmer, Capable of alot of Power and Custom Tuning, Now its offered with the "V2" Monitor. (Digital Display of gauges and settings) Now the Edge Juice with Attitude is also a good Programmer. I have personally liked Edge's Reputation better than Qaudzilla. This Too makes power and has a digital screen.

Both have safety features, Trans Temp, Fuel pressure... I have been told that Edge offers better safety features. Also I have heard stories about guys putting a Qaud on there truck and it misses and shutters like Hek. But the Qaud will make more Power and is Custom Tuning Capable.

But to answer your question :confused013: There both good IMO. However the Qaudzilla "V2" is almost half the price as the Edge with the CTS Monitor.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
DieselDon16;5355683 There both good IMO. However the Qaudzilla "V2" is almost half the price as the Edge with the CTS Monitor.[/QUOTE said:
Probably because the v2 is about 1/2 as good monitor as the cts/cs :)

But yes it's expensive ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.