Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a new Mileage Max for $180 that's USB updatable to the xzt+ later if I want. Anyone know about the Mileage Max? Does it take away from drivability, or give you mpg with a little more power? How is it compared to the edge ez?

·
Registered
107 Posts
it does not take away from driveability. it adjusts your timing to make it more efficient. maybe a little more power but not noticible. i would go with the quad. usb updatable. i think any chip that is not usb updatable is missing out on unlimited posssiblities. the tech support at quad is great if you have any questions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ended up getting the Quadzilla on ebay new for $155 free shipping. I guess a good deal. Hope in works!

eBay Motors: QUADZILLA MAX MILEAGE MODULE 98-07 DODGE CUMMINS DIESEL
Ouch.....good luck. That seller is unauthorized by Quad. Click..
Quadzilla
"Warning to all consumers: Any Quadzilla products purchased from anyone on this list will not carry a valid warranty on them. All Quadzilla Products are serialized and are traceable. The serial numbers are also scripted into the products’ software and can not be removed or erased. Use caution when buying and make sure that you are buying from an authorized Quadzilla Dealer. You may also contact Quadzilla to find a local AUTHORIZED dealer near you."

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
That is a shame. Sometimes those good prices end up biting you in the butt.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
F*ck! So does that mean it's a fake product? Are you kidding me? Is it not really a quadzilla? What's the deal here so I can take action ASAP. Thanks.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, he has major positive feedback on quadzilla and bully dog products. If they were garbage I don't think he would have such a good feedback rating.

·
Registered
120 Posts
F*ck! So does that mean it's a fake product? Are you kidding me? Is it not really a quadzilla? What's the deal here so I can take action ASAP. Thanks.
I doubt it is a "fake" product. For some reason Quad and some vendors have had a falling out. Why? Who knows. I would place value on a warranty though. Maybe call Quad and ask the deal?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I doubt it is a "fake" product. For some reason Quad and some vendors have had a falling out. Why? Who knows. I would place value on a warranty though. Maybe call Quad and ask the deal?
Ok, thank you.

I automatically assumed when buying it from ebay that I wouldn't have the 90 day money back warranty.

I guess I should be concerned about the warranty, because if it doesn't work as advertised I'm out $150 anyway... I was just hoping it gives SOME improvement, mileage and driveability.

As long as it's a official quad box and not some clone made in a basement I guess I'm ok with it.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts

the reason they don't warranty it is not b/c they had a falling out it's b/c those ebayers are buying them from someone that deals w/ Quadzilla ( i think most of us know who that is) and selling them under a certian price from their living room!! and their product isn't be represented properly.

you got a Quadzilla product but that 90 day money back guarantee better be from the seller cause Quadzilla won't honor that. and the reason he has so much good feedback is b/c he sells parts crazy cheap, not b/c his cust service is top notch.

·
Registered
120 Posts
the reason they don't warranty it is not b/c they had a falling out it's b/c those ebayers are buying them from someone that deals w/ Quadzilla ( i think most of us know who that is) and selling them under a certian price from their living room!! and their product isn't be represented properly.
Well, I was not going to say that, but yes. It is a common problem in this biz whether it is truck parts, jeep parts, car parts or computer parts. A manufacture sets MAP (and other expectations) on it's resellers and distributors to protect and properly represent those products. When they don't.......there is a falling out.

Reactions: Shrub

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now I feel kinda bad. I'm a painting contractor and it's kinda like when some unlicensed guy is taking work away because he comes in super cheap because he has no overhead, license costs, etc. But the customer has no recourse and it's screwing up the market for the honest guy.

Got it.

I'll be buying from the vendors from now on. :thumbsup

·
Registered
192 Posts
Edge ez raises rail pressure. Edge mileage is the same as Qud - timing.

·
Registered
435 Posts
good luck with this. let me know the results.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Pretty sure you were miss quoted, i just talked to Jim and he thinks he was reading the wrong module for you truck, there is no way its that cheap because i checked my self! Also this no way to treat a vendor by posting PM prices in open forums, this is not how we and most if not all the vendors do business on here. DD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts