Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do i needd to disconnect my turbo to tap the manifold,and where is the best place for my tap

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
do i needd to disconnect my turbo to tap the manifold,and where is the best place for my tap
#3 exhaust manifold runner!:thumbsup

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
which is the #3 runner,and what about the metal shavings?
go to the passanger side of your with the hood up.right above your oil filter is the exhaust manifold.start with your right hand and count back to the firewall.there are 6 cast iron runners coming out from the head.the third one is wear you want to drill and tap for your pyro.now that is where i put mine to where the drill was straight up and down.the cast will drill easy.now as for the shaving..when i drilled and tapped you can have the truck runnin' and or when done drilling and tappin' use a magnet to get the shavings out or put some grease on the end of something and the grease will pull the shavings out. you can even put grease on the drill bit and on the tap.any more ? some will help ya'! good luck!:thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts