Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a autometer phantom pyrometer and got it installed today- took it for a test drive- driving around town normal the temps were around 600 when I got on it (not too hard) the temps went right up to 1300-1400. I was wondering on avg what everyone else is running. 1400degrees is pretty scary to me.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
banks pda on SL foot to the floor and max i've seen is 1280. your truck stock right?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have an '05 as well, and even running CL I have to get on it pretty hard to hit 1300*-1400*.

600*-800* is where I'm at for cruising temps as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a predator program on the performance setting- Do you think it can be the guage or the probe- when I first started it up the needle bounce ALOT- I wiggled the wires to the probe and it stopped. Can the guage be recaliberated

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
im runnin on 35 pro comps and my BDTD set at 86hp,,,,,,,and the highest i have seen is 800*

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
That does seem a little high. Is this installed pre-or post-turbo?

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
sfd74 your egts are going to be high with the predator, mine egts never got over 1200 until I added the predator. My egts hit 1550 last night while drive home but I had the go pedal mashed pretty hard.

·
Registered
96 Posts
using edge on stage 3 i have seen a little over 1000 with foot to the floor. stage 1 cruisin averaging 400-600

·
Registered
228 Posts
when my mega was bone stock, with afe and straight pipe i was pulling 11,500lb. up the grapevine on i5, i hit 1400 easy. was kinda amazed

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its mounted pre turbo- right on the exhaust manifold- from the responses it seems like its all over the board- maybe I will put her back to stock and see if their is a difference. I was concerened if the guage I purchased was faulty. What is the temp that a turbo will grenade at?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
using edge on stage 3 i have seen a little over 1000 with foot to the floor. stage 1 cruisin averaging 400-600
There's something wrong with those #'s.

Your truck should see well over 1000* bone stock with your foot to the floor, so a little over 1000* with your Edge doesn't sound right at all.

·
Registered
728 Posts
My pyrometer is also mounted on the exhaust manifold. With what's in my sig my numbers are as follows.

70 mph 550-600 degrees

WOT maximum 1200 degrees

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would recommend you get an intake and exhaust for that thing. Hopefully with less air restrictions it should bring the temps down.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I returned it to stock today- cruising around town- 400 WOT she got up to 1200 then I let her down- I do have an Amsoil airfilter- stock exhaust though- guess thats the next purchase. I think I might hook the guage alongside my buddies and see if theirs a difference.

·
Registered
650 Posts
boost fooler should cool things down a little bit...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how does a boostfooler cool it down?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts