Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Dodge 2500 manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search Community

Roary

Welcome to cummins forum

Star

[IMG alt="jkidd"]https://www.cumminsforum.com/d1/avatars/m/0/567.jpg?1586267251[/IMG]
jkidd
·Vendor
Joined Feb 6, 2006
·
8,544 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the CumminsForum. This is a great community of enthusiasts.

My name is Jacob. I started DieselAutoPower.com in 2008. Our goal is to help diesel owners get the best value and to help others not make the mistakes we all made when we were starting out.

DAP also manufactures over 1500 parts so we can bring down costs for our customers. If we can be of help with troubleshooting, repairs or upgrades we are happy to help.

What truck do you have? Do you plan on any performance upgrades? Thanks for your time

Jacob

801-927-4600

Reply Quote
[IMG alt="Roary"]https://www.cumminsforum.com/d1/avatars/m/1012/1012646.jpg?1627416524[/IMG]
Roary
·Premium Member
2004 Dodge 2500 manual
Joined 1 d ago
·
0 Posts
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 crew cab. Do not have much information on what his been done to it. Bought from a dealer in Green Bay.
It has a BD power X-monitor and it is showing the pyro temps fluctuating from 500 to 1874. When I drove it home it was fine. Had the bed sprayed by a company with rhino coating and they pulled some old wires out to do a complete spray. It looks like a positive wire was zip tied to to thermo coupler wire that is in the exhaust manifold and 1 of the wires broke off the female spade end, tried to attach a new end and it is now not reading good it all. Does anyone know if there is a replacement sensor? Unit is not supported by BD anymore, to old & obsolete. If I have to buy a replacement unit is there a preferred tuner for the 5.9 24v? Attached is photos of the wires.
Bicycle fork Automotive tire Bicycle tire Crankset Electrical wiring
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Engineering
Automotive tire Finger Wrist Gas Nail
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Gas Vehicle door
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Bumper

Thank you

Joe Trombley

Attachments

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Are you looking for a tuner, monitor or both?

·
Premium Member
2004 Dodge 2500 manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm new to this & not sure what I need. Would like to be able to have some extra power, not that it needs it. Also would like to be able to monitor the motor. So I guess they answer would be both.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Dodge 2500 manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that info, I was really looking for a replacement wire to make sure that was the issue. Has anyone had the Pyro temperatures fluctuating? Is there a engine problem? Or senior?

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I had an issue with the temps being incorrect, the probe was the problem.

·
Premium Member
2004 Dodge 2500 manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you have the BD X-Power? If so where did you get a replacement?

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
No I didn't

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
TCs must have solid, clean, mechanical connections and you can even solder them as long as the connection is solid. I've caught a slightly loose spade connector on a TC sensor lead with an ohm meter and I recrimped it for a good fix. Reuse the old connector so it won't throw off the cal.

·
Premium Member
2004 Dodge 2500 manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's makes sense, I will give it a try, thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts