Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pyro Guage and Adrenaline Questions

I just got my truck running again this past week. Now its time for the quad to go in, and I want to know where to tap for the pyro. I have a full pillar pod with guages and whe I did tht I tapped the guage in the manifold. I just put a brand new IP in and an airdog 165 and my pyro is really runnin weird. Around town the guage is pretty normal while just crusing, but as soon as I touch the pedal it jumps to 800*-1000*. It never goes over 1100* though, an running down the freeway here at 75-80mph, it sits at 900*. Is this normal? Also i have been hearing from a few techs that I know that the guage should be tapped after the turbo, and it doesn't seem right, because that is after the expansion, so the temp will be pretty off. Just wanna do this one right. So if I could get some feed back on this I would apprecaite it! Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
i would tap it before the turbo that way your closer to what the temp is inside your engine just have to be careful with shavings messing up the fins on the turbine wheel
and as far as cruising sounds alright maybe a little high with having 5 inch but not exactly sure but when you get in it that doesnt sound right but not positive

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
use alot of grease around the tap to catch the metal shavings and use a lot of oil when tapping the manifold.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it tapped and the quad says same temp give or take a few. I have another question for you adrenaline 4k guys how much smoke are you seeing I am not seeing anything other than slight haze. Got everything done and my old quad xzillaraider felt more powerful and rolled smoke feels like there is a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts