Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is where I should post this, but where is a good place to ground a pyro?

·
Registered
535 Posts
ground it? as in electrically? it should ground itself in the exhaust manifold. and the wiring will just hook up to the gauge

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Ground the pyro? Screwing it into the exhaust manifold should be enough!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
depends on the brand...my autometer i had to ground the gauge...i did it to the neg. on the batt. and the bulb also needed ground ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a autometer electric pyrometer and its got a wire to ground it. Just wondering cause everwhere i have tried putting it just causes the needle to bounce around

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
depends on the brand...my autometer i had to ground the gauge...i did it to the neg. on the batt. and the bulb also needed ground ;)

Thanks ill try that

·
Registered
535 Posts
weird i had an autometer elec and i grounded the gauge portion to the dash supports and it worked fine. But running it to the grnd on the battery is never a bad thing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
weird i had an autometer elec and i grounded the gauge portion to the dash supports and it worked fine. But running it to the grnd on the battery is never a bad thing
yea thats what I did on my ford and it worked fine. Im wondering if there is something wrong with the gauge but ill try grounding it to the battery first to see if that works

·
Registered
58 Posts
Grounding

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but where is a good place to ground a pyro?
My Isspro had to be grounded because it goes through an electrical box to insure smooth operation. I simply grounded mine on a screw in the knee quard of the dash.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I thought he meant the actual pyro probe having a separate ground wire. My ISSPRO gauge box is grounded inside the cab and works just fine. Just make sure it is a good ground - no paint, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts