Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planing on putting on a 5" Rough Country this weekend and was wondering if i gust take out the leveling kit blocks that are already on the truck.

Oh the lift comes with coil springs for the front

·
Registered
228 Posts
if you have a leveling kit(spacer) in the front, just take it out when you put your new coils in.

·
Registered
586 Posts
If you have a poly/rubber spacer in the front, you more than likely don't still have the factory rubber coil retainer. If you have a steel front spacer, you might still have it. It is a rubber "circle" that is the same size of the top of your coil springs. It prevents you coils and coil buckets from having metal to metal contact, almost like a bushing.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a steel 2" spacer. If the factory rubber bushing is gone do i need one and if i do where do i get them at?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BUMP... I looked at the spacer and it has a rubber bushing in between the coil spring and the 2" spacer. Is that rubber piece part of the spacer or can i take it off and use it when i put the new coil spring in?

·
Registered
805 Posts
sorry, not trying to hijack and throw thread in a different direction, but Satan's Chariot what are you running for rubber on your rig? Shes got a mean bulldog stance in your avatar.

·
Registered
586 Posts
BUMP... I looked at the spacer and it has a rubber bushing in between the coil spring and the 2" spacer. Is that rubber piece part of the spacer or can i take it off and use it when i put the new coil spring in?
Yep, that's it. That goes between the coil and the coil bucket.

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,320 Posts
and do you have the stock stud ring that holds your shock tower on?

or you could always leave the spacer on and have a 7'' lift :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
and do you have the stock stud ring that holds your shock tower on?

or you could always leave the spacer on and have a 7'' lift :)
Thats what i did!! but you will need the rubber ring and the stud ring ike stated above. if you dont have them dodge place can get them or may have a set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts