·
Registered
456 Posts
that a 3rd gen turbo?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes off the 04.5-07 but i just saw someone else started a thread after i did. So hopefully one of these threads gets good exposure. I really wanna get it figured it out cause my turbo is pretty much sold so i can get the he351

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
saw yes welder i could probally get a hold of one
it'll definately make life easier :eek:

if you've got an HX40 downpipe, you can get a 3rd gen v-band flange and slide it over the end, tack it once you've got everything in place, and then pull it out for final weld.

or, you can use the factory elbow and downpipe, but you'll need to hack up the downpipe to get it to fit right

3" steel pipe would probably be your cheapest/easiest way to go from the turbo to the intercooler.

the HE351 is a nice, inexpensive turbo upgrade for the earlier trucks!!!!! it'll be worth the effort to get it on there, and if you upgrade in the future, you can just buy an aftermarket 3rd gen turbo and it'll drop right in :)

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
do you have the elbow and clamp and everything for the 3rd gen turbo?

if you do, I'd get a hold of a stock 3rd gen downpipe and mate the flange on it to your HX35 downpipe (cut the neckdown portion off)

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you get one spend a little time on it and drill the wastegate hole out to 1 inch or a hair bigger. Gets alot more flow threw it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts