Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey yall finally getin close to the end of my tour and starting to put together a parts list for when i get back and start spending my bonus money.
So far here is what im thinkin.:truck:
1. S&B dry intake.
2. RSD EGR/cooler delete
3. Smarty JR
4. Some form of digital gauges (EDGE Insight or BD watch dog ECON) Opinons on either would be great.
5. AFE 4" turbo back exaust.
6. BOD wastegate kit (probly get that later)
7. 35x12.50 tires (probly Nitto terra grapplers)

Any thoughts, opinions, additions, substitutes most welcome.

Thanks yall.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Hey yall finally getin close to the end of my tour and starting to put together a parts list for when i get back and start spending my bonus money.
1. S&B dry intake.
2. RSD EGR/cooler delete
3. Smarty JR
4. Some form of digital gauges (EDGE Insight or BD watch dog ECON) Opinons on either would be great.

Thanks yall.
Smarty Sr.!!! :thumbsup:
Seriously though, looks like a good good, welcome almost home!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks alot, jus one more addition...... has anybody installed the BD steering box stabilizer on there truck and does it correct or at least calm down death wobble.

Wife is gitin tired of being freaked out when my truck goes into death wobble mode.

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
1. S&B dry intake.
2. RSD EGR/cooler delete
3. Smarty JR

Thanks yall.
Looks like a very good list. My vote would go toward the Edge Insight for your digital gauges.

AFE makes a good system but I would look at the Flo Pro systems as they are now avaliable in 4 inch if you want to go that route.

James
RSD

·
Registered
61 Posts
not a big fan of nittos. they wear too easy. if you are looking for an aggressive look then id go with toyo. if u are going for an all terrain id go with anything but nitto. Just my advice tho cuz ive had nitto and toyo and im a big fan of toyo.

Reactions: Diesel_Sarge

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sounds good to me :thumbsup: but get the insight and I like the wear of Toyo's and they're not loud. Welcome home (soon)!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Well it looks like you have a good idea of what to go with but like other have said go ahead and get the smarty sr. and a pro flo exhaust that is the best bang for the buck exhaust. Now if you have a auto you might want to look into MHP trans tune or look at H&S trans that is set to release here shortly. Enjoy your new set up when it gets here you will feel like you are driving a whole new truck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it looks like you have a good idea of what to go with but like other have said go ahead and get the smarty sr. and a pro flo exhaust that is the best bang for the buck exhaust. Now if you have a auto you might want to look into MHP trans tune or look at H&S trans that is set to release here shortly. Enjoy your new set up when it gets here you will feel like you are driving a whole new truck.
Thanks for the feedback I had made my list off of all the threads i have read in here so far. As for the tranny i have a Manual and already lookin at SBC products cause i already know im gona need it, stock clutch already slipin.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Thanks alot, jus one more addition...... has anybody installed the BD steering box stabilizer on there truck and does it correct or at least calm down death wobble.

Wife is gitin tired of being freaked out when my truck goes into death wobble mode.
Installed several BD box stabilizers, corrected the caster, and installed bigger stabilizer shock to eliminate death wobble.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks brother ill look into that and its the same price i was lookin at for a single disk SBC. Where ya stationed at if ya dont mind my askin.
My advice, pony up and get the dual disc. Both Valair and SBC are very reputable. You're going to hate a full ceramic single disc.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Why would you spend the money on a smarty and a edge just do it right the first time and get a blackmaxx

Reactions: Diesel_Sarge

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
For those that are looking for more tuning when it was just xrt and smarty. H&S wasn't doing custom tunes at that time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Havent really done much research on the Blackmaxx but ill look it up and see what the deal is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got done ordering my S&B CAI from RSD :stirpot: let the moding begin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts