Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put it on the other day and as soon as i fired it up i could tell it was gunna run sweet when cruzing i noticed my egt's droped a lil i put one of those lil restricter elbows on the wastegate when im at wide open throttle i hit 35 pounds of boost i think the exhaust housing is a 14 cm it spools so much faster

·
Registered
461 Posts
My turbo hits 20 if I run pedal to the metal. 3lbs of boost at 45 mph and 600 egt's.

·
Registered
235 Posts
nice, you should try to get a video of it sometime.

·
Registered
214 Posts
im geting 35 psi out of my turbo? is that normal out of a stock turbo? just normal (im a littel hard on it) driving i hit 27-30 in most gears. i have not checked but i was told the pump was just turned up a little?

is 35 psi normal on a 90 ctd?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
If you're getting 35 PSI out of the stock turbo, then the pump's turned up quite a bit.

All I can get out of my '90 engine with fully tweaked fuel screw is 35 PSI; might be able to get a little above 40 with AFC travel modifications and fresh injcetors.

·
Registered
214 Posts
well maybe i should dig into it and find out what all has been done. i can hit 35 with no load on it it at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts