Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st time I have ever ran the smarty on my truck. Took off the BDTD with CL to see what the true difference is. Ran the smarty on level 9 to get a good comparison. Here are my findings

Smarty made more Boost almost 6lbs at its highest boost.
Smarty Smoked alot more.
Smarty also seemed to build boost faster in low gears.
Smarty EGT's were about 200* higher.

My conclusion, the power seemed almost identical overall, the smoke was cool but, mine smokes enough already. The Egts were scary high hit 1450* for a instant. Cl has never been over 1250*
It was a fun downloader, but in comparison to the BDTD, I wont be traded mine anytime soon.
Th biggest benefit to the Smarty that I thought was the way you can adjust it to go well with a stack combo. Great down loader, and I wouldn't be dissatisfied with, but I also wont trade what I got for one..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Putting on my flame suit now.
:popcorn:

·
World Champs!!!
24,801 Posts
Load the TNT version and see what happens...:popcorn:

MikeyB
x2!! I was somewhat skeptical on how much of a difference it would be over the regular Smarty tunes, and let me say, its VERY noticeable!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
What !

1st time I have ever ran the smarty on my truck. Took off the BDTD with CL to see what the true difference is. Ran the smarty on level 9 to get a good comparison. Here are my findings

Smarty made more Boost almost 6lbs at its highest boost.
Smarty Smoked alot more.
Smarty also seemed to build boost faster in low gears.
Smarty EGT's were about 200* higher.

My conclusion, the power seemed almost identical overall, the smoke was cool but, mine smokes enough already. The Egts were scary high hit 1450* for a instant. Cl has never been over 1250*
It was a fun downloader, but in comparison to the BDTD, I wont be traded mine anytime soon.
Th biggest benefit to the Smarty that I thought was the way you can adjust it to go well with a stack combo. Great down loader, and I wouldn't be dissatisfied with, but I also wont trade what I got for one..
Don't tell me that, I'm in the process of buying a Smarty. :thud: I have a friend who ran both and he got higher EGT's on the BDTD.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I Love my smarty dont worry. Took my egts down across the whole band. It even cools down quicker when stopped. I highly recommend the TNT Version is well- Night and Day:peelout

·
Registered
327 Posts
it sound like you ran the smarty without timing (on even numbers) egts will get really high and you will get ALOT of smoke

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ran the smarty on 8 and on number 9, your right my egts where sky high on number 8 not 9.

So the tnt is the version I wanna try?

I have had good luck with my egts on the BDTD, I have heard of others running alot higher than mine, I have it set to defuel at 1350, and that has never happened. I did however learn something pretty cool though. I can run the smarty and still use my outlook monitor! I didn't know that:lol3:

What kind of boost where you guys getting with the smarty? I used it on my DD without any boost fooler, only CAI, 4" exhaust with no cat, only saw 27#, thought it might be higher.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also where can I get the TNT version, their website?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am going to download it today and try it out. I will get back to you on what my opinion is then:popcorn: Any predictions?

·
Horseback Recluse
691 Posts
My prediction is you'll drop the BD like hot rock. The TNT is incredible. I ran the Beta 4.2 for a while and the final product is very nice. The power is smooth but quick. I've also buried my speedometer rather quickly too. The smoke seems more controlable as well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
just put the tnt on this morning. ive been runing level one torque management on mild and rp on 3 and it nice. fells somewhere between the 60 and 90hp tunes, but its so smooth!! i also tried lvl 3 just for fun and its awesome just to much for my stock tranny

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just put a southbend dualdisk inabout 1 month ago, so I should be just fine there. I got th etnt down;aded, so we will try it this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
just put the tnt on this morning. ive been runing level one torque management on mild and rp on 3 and it nice. fells somewhere between the 60 and 90hp tunes, but its so smooth!! i also tried lvl 3 just for fun and its awesome just to much for my stock tranny
TNT level 1 starts at 100hp.

MikeyB

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will admit it, the smarty with Revo TNT is a big improvement over, the regular tune. I was impressed with it. I wish it had adjust on the fly like the BD. but other than that, I loved it. EGTS seemed better this time than they were on level 8 but about the same as level 9.

Now who wants to buy a BDTD with CL already in it? I might even sell the outlook monitor..

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts
I will admit it, the smarty with Revo TNT is a big improvement over, the regular tune. I was impressed with it. I wish it had adjust on the fly like the BD. but other than that, I loved it. EGTS seemed better this time than they were on level 8 but about the same as level 9.

Now who wants to buy a BDTD with CL already in it? I might even sell the outlook monitor..
Kinda figured you might change your mind. :thumbsup

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 43 Posts