Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Without intentionally giving either argument more ammunition- forgive me if I'm overlooking an incredibly obvious piece of evidence ( because i do that all the fukkn time)
Is it not quite obvious that people stopped pulling 5,6, or 700,000 or even a million miles from a light duty pick up right around the same time the LSD and eventually ULSD was put on the market?

YES i know all the differences between a 94 12 valve 5.9 and an 04 HPCR 5.9, but I highly doubt the engineers would let any of those differences directly hinder the longevity of the engine.

And on that note, who cares what the factory says! the ball bearing is TRUTH. SEEK THE TRUTH. haha
Amen. Preach On:agree2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hate to ask this after all the information that is provided. But what should I use if I'm running B5 with whats in my sig? Thank

·
Registered
487 Posts
I hate to ask this after all the information that is provided. But what should I use if I'm running B5 with whats in my sig? Thank
you already know , its in your sig , you need more money :rof
whats b5 ? we dont have that down here in florida , well at least not in my area

·
Registered
12 Posts
you already know , its in your sig , you need more money :rof
whats b5 ? we dont have that down here in florida , well at least not in my area
B5 is 5% Bio Diesel and 95% regular diesel combined. B(Bio)5(%). Judging by your sig you have some money to spare. You should send me your scraps! :drool2:

·
Premium Member
12,373 Posts
Yep, we now have B10 at the Loves in Albuquerque and throughout Northern New Mexico and into Oklahoma and Texas. My truck loves to drink bio.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
750 Posts
i run some diesel clean every few tanks, maybe im not paying attention but i dont notice a difference. should i? i used to run 2 stroke in the old VP but not real sure in the new 06. guess 2 stroke dirtys them up pretty good huh?

·
Registered
359 Posts
why would 2-stroke dirty them up? its an ashless burn... i run it in mine and knoticed a difference in my injector and engine noise! my 06 loves it!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Within the last 12months I've begun slipping across the border into Washington State to get groceries and diesel. The price difference per gallon makes it worth the trip (beer is cheaper too!). I always fill at the truck stops for the high volume turn over and it's always been ULSD. I run Power Service in every tank. Within the last year i've noticed my truck has begun to run a bit rougher and doesn't sound as nice as it used to. A few months back i was forced to fill up with Canadian diesel and noticed part way through the tank that the truck started to quiet down and run better. The station i filled at only has ULSD but it was 5% bio. I've later learned that as of July 2011 all diesel in Canada is legislated to be a minimum of 2% bio.

the next time i filled my truck up in the Washington state it reverted back to it's rougher self. The power service didn't seem to make a noticeable difference in either case. I still fill it in the USA as it saves me on average 35dollars a tank (times three tanks a month = $$$). But these trucks really respond well to bio blends.

·
Registered
810 Posts
i ran 2 stroke once next thing i new my fuel filter was clogged up an had this gel stuff built up on it never ran again 150000 miles of hell raising with no problems besides trans

·
Registered
359 Posts
Im running an Airdog 150 with 16 oz bottle of 2-Stroke in every tank... can the airdog handle this?

·
Registered
835 Posts
run it in mine and she purrs like a kitten. been using it for 55K miles. when i dont use it, the engine is noticably louder. you can hear valvtrain and injector noise ALOT with out it, can hardly talk around my engine until i put the two stroke oil in. mine kind of sounds like a 6.7 now! lol its so quiet

·
Registered
835 Posts
Im running an Airdog 150 with 16 oz bottle of 2-Stroke in every tank... can the airdog handle this?
for quite a while now ive been running an oz per gallon that i fill up... i usually get a gallon bottle and i have a bunch of 8oz bottles. so i fill up the bottles and usually dump 3 bottles in and fill 'er up.

fuel filters are fine (knock on wood) FASS pump is fine.... i honeslty cannot see any negative side effects from this. :confused013: im happy....

plus, when you put it in, you feel like you are doing your truck a good deed and then you seem to think the truck is running 10 times better! lol at least thats what i do :hehe:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put 16 oz of quick silver 2 stroke when I filled up this morning. My second gear hunt seems to have gone away, the throttle response is much better, and she runs much more quite. Just me but I'm gonna keep trying it until I have ill effects.

·
Registered
487 Posts
1oz per gallon is good , ive used 2oz per gallon before and the more you add the better it runs and the smother and quieter it gets

·
Registered
359 Posts
What do you think the safe limit to add would be? im running the 16 oz bottle of the Blue tech TCW-3 ashless stuff per tank.

·
Registered
487 Posts
1oz per gallon is what most run , the most i would put is 2oz per gallon after that you will start seing white smoke out the tail pipe
but theres no need for 2oz per gallon

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks alot! just wanted to have a little more reassurance that i wasnt runnin too much. i will definitly try 1oz per gallon next tank!!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts