Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang I have been watching and following several threads about the popular lifts for 2500, and my take away is lifting will need an adjustable front traction bar, and shocks. My question is has anyone used Pure Performance from what I see they seems to be a fine kit that has it all ? Any thoughts here is a link to the mod kit, they have an upgrade that has 5 leave springs in rear.
Ram HD 2.5 Inch Stock Mod System

Thanks. Joe

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rusty thanks any issues with towing and back end dropping? What shocks did you go with if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Rusty thanks any issues with towing and back end dropping? What shocks did you go with if you dont mind me asking?
I set mine up a little different to accommodate for squat. I keep a 90 gallon fuel tank in my bed and tools so stock I was sagging a bit with the stock ford suspension. I used a 5" block over the 4" and the mini pack. I don't have any issues but haven't gotten under our 5vr yet. I still have the firestone air bags just in case and need to install the daystar cradle for them too. I went with bilstein 5100s and they are fine. Never had a truck with fancy shocks so I have nothing to compare against. To me it's hard to justify 1k in shocks. PP will work with you and offers a 10% forum discount too. I think if you bought the whole package from them they would cut you a good deal.

I've been extremely satisfied with the lift and company. Strongly recommend them

Brett

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to see note input on this or is there not a big following for PP?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thuren or carli:thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have put over 200,000 miles on Pure products and have never had a problem. They hold up very well. My current truck has a 4" with 1" spacer and the HD steering. The suspension has 75,xxx on it with no issues and steering 22,xxx also no issues. Suspension has survived everything I have put it through: Las Vegas desert,10 feet of snow in Idaho,mountain trails East and West,thousands of miles of rough gravel roads in northern Missouri and a lot of road salt. Good corrosion resistance and excellent customer service.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pure makes a quality product. The 5 leaf add a packs will not give a big difference in ride quality, but are definitely better than using blocks.
Rhino, from your FB your place does a lot f Rams, do you see any issue with 2.5 inch and the "death wobble"? I think the adjustable track bar will take care of that? Also I see a lost of payload with the springs the bocks maintain payoad how about towing losses? Thanks for the input.
End of day would like a title more aggressive stance without loss of towing at best bang for the buck.

Reactions: andrelopez99

·
Registered
559 Posts
i agree add a leaf over blocks. i will be getting a 6 inch lift from them in a couple of days.

·
Supporting Vendors
9,594 Posts
Rhino, from your FB your place does a lot f Rams, do you see any issue with 2.5 inch and the "death wobble"? I think the adjustable track bar will take care of that? Also I see a lost of payload with the springs the bocks maintain payoad how about towing losses? Thanks for the input.
End of day would like a title more aggressive stance without loss of towing at best bang for the buck.
Most add a packs keep your payload very close to stock. Blocks put a lot strain on leaves by increasing the leverage the axle has against the leaf. Death wobble is caused by loose or worn components, and improper alignment settings, along with certain tires that don't belong on a heavy truck. Avoid these things, and you'll be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts