1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
109 Posts
NO I would not use this pump! 9 psi is not even meeting cummins spec on what should go to the vp. The cummins spec is 10-12 psi and 1200ml per 30 sec of lift pump running. There are plenty of things you can cheap out on when wanting more power but IMO a lift pump is not one of them. Just save some more money and get an air dog or a raptor.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I wouldn't use it. I tried to save money and use cheaper pumps in the beginning but I ended up with a leaking holley and a more expensive holley 150 that didn't work. I bought the fass and never looked back.

The Dodge manual says 10 psi, some people say all you need is 5. You can ask 10 different people and get 10 different answers and several theories. I like my pressure between 15 & 20 psi...that's just me

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
type the word pump in the search box....the holley blue or fass ddrp are not what you want you need a raptor, fass, or airdog.....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Listen to these guys. A FASS, Airdog, or Raptor is good insurance for your VP. Even if you do not plan to do any performance upgrades, I would strongly urge you to at least get a Raptor 100, bare minimum. Do yourself a favor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts