Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
There are several mfgr's that make sliding 5th wheel hitches that allow full turning on a short bed. You just have to remember to unhook it before you back it up (thou I do think there are several that are automatic).

Towing a 5th wheel with a SB isn't horrible, just not as nice as a LB.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2010 MC with a Pullrite super glide hitch pulling a 15,800 lbs fiver. Worth the extra money; keep an eye on the space between the bed rails and cab of the fifth wheel...

·
Registered
67 Posts
i pull with a mega cab short bed i dont even move hitch just watch my turning

Reactions: BEERPLAY

·
Registered
120 Posts
2010 Crew SB 2500 4x4 and Pull-Rite Superglide no issues and works like a charm. 32ft fiver 12K gross trailer.

·
CAPTAIN DILLIGAF
3,835 Posts
:thumbsup: 36 FOOT HEAVY AS HELL RIGHT AT 18000 LBS AND NO PROBLEMS LIKE STATED BEFORE EITHER A SLIDER HITCH OR JUST WATCH YOUR TURNING I SET MY HITCH BACK A BIT AND PUT 5K RIDE RITE AIR BAGS AND SHE PULLS GREAT

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a 2010 shortbed and tow a 35' toyhauler at about 14000 + loaded. Hitch is a Signature Series 16K with a slider. I really never use the slider. Just keep a eye on it like others said.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the 2010 crew cab which I think has a 6'4 bed does anybody have any issues towing a fifth wheel with this truck?
I currently tow mine with my 1500 and it has a 6'4 bed. I have no issues. I think it's a problem for a lot of older 5th wheels as newer ones seem to take this into account. A lot of truck owners have only a 6'4 bed.

Frostbitte.

·
Salty Squid
770 Posts
I tow my sig 5er and can back to 90 degrees on flat pavement without sliding the hitch back. My 5er is also designed to be towed with a short box like many of the newer 5ers. If it's in a tight campground I will still slide the trailer back just for the extra piece of mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts