Cummins Diesel Forum banner

pulling 12valve- have questions

923 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BDC1 
#1 ·
:confused013:I'm getting ready to pull my motor ,94 2wd,Can I pull the motor and trans together?I took everything off the front of the truck.It looks like the oil pan wont clear.everything is disconnected or unbolted.Not sure what to do next.Please any suggestions or help would be great.Thanks

#3 ·
Funny how a guy starts getting dirty on a project and and all the "experts" disapear. :confused013:
Should be able to separate engine from tranny without fooling with the tranny. Disconnect wiring, hydraulics, etc, then move to trannny engine bolts, and engine mounts, slide the engine forward a bit to clear the input shaft on the tranny, and pull it out. If I were you do a search for a factory service manual in PDF form, lots a help there. Go slow, step by step and try not to break stuff in the process. :headbang:

#7 ·
Thanks everybody,I didn't look like they were coming out together.I'm using a 3 ton crane to pull it,so it shouldn't be too bad,especially since I just had the trans out last summer,I know that drill already.What kind of engine stand/cradle is best used once its out?Thanks again guys.

#9 ·
It's been a while since I pulled a cummins but it is a breeze if you take your time and label everything. When you get it pulled, I recommend leaving the hoist connected to the floating end of the engine except when you are rotating it. I just couldn't bring myself to trust the stand. When putting it back in, one side or the other of the mounts should be slotted to help you wedge the beast back in it's place. Just my two cents. Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.