Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be eliminating my ccv bottle and was making sure all I do is remove the bottle and extend the Lind that used to go in the top down under the engine' the under side of my truck is covered mainly front axle and it seems to drip more on certain days than others just wondering if this I completely normal.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
U need to fill out your sig mine drips here and there blowby and oil overfill can cause it to puke a drip here and there is normal I ran half inch line all the way dowm to under the driver door works great

Reactions: 24vcruiz1990

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'd search for mopar1973man's vent mod. It's not recommended to just extend the tube for a couple reasons; mainly because the oil will deteriorate most parts store hose and the hose will eventually collapse which will cut off the crankcase's air supply and probably blow seals, and seconds moisture will accululate in the hose and in cold climates possibly freeze...

I also remember reading about a tsb in regards to oil puking out the breather on extreme angles, which mopar1973man's mod prevents. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here is what my breather looks like on my valve cover. Wants my fittings come in I will have 2 more on my tappet cover as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So today I rerouted my cvv breather tube to find out the oil leak is somewhere above right where the old breather tube ended making it look like it was coming out of the breather is there any common leaking point that would be in this area.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So today I rerouted my cvv breather tube to find out the oil leak is somewhere above right where the old breather tube ended making it look like it was coming out of the breather is there any common leaking point that would be in this area.
Mine has the exact same leak. I also rerouted my ccv thinking that was where the leak was coming from but it didn't change anything. I've only seen it drip out of my extended ccv tube once. I the leak might be the tappet cover??? Hopefully somebody who knows will chime in because I'm curious about it too. Its is a constant leak on mine and a little worse when I'm driving it hard that works its way along the block and drips off the bottom of the oil pan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts