Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, based on my signature what should i launch at? im going to the strip tonight for the diesel drags at union grove WI and i just would like to know what would be the best for me? (yes its a stock tranny) having an appointment arranged for a full billet tranny soon

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
with my tranny i have launched with 20psi but spin bad so usually ive been leavin with 15psi... on the stocker i wouldnt go over 10psi :peelout... i red lighted everytime at the track last time :thud:

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
I hope an upgraded tranny is in your future......if it's not,it will be if you do to many boosted launches with the power adders you have..
There is another truck on here with the same mods as mine,and yours is about the same less the TD converter and VB....he dynoed at 528hp.

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope an upgraded tranny is in your future......if it's not,it will be if you do to many boosted launches with the power adders you have..
There is another truck on here with the same mods as mine,and yours is about the same less the TD converter and VB....he dynoed at 528hp.
yeah i was told a full billet trans is what i need. so im planning on this, just savin the coin for it. i should have it by next month

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
yeah i was told a full billet trans is what i need. so im planning on this, just savin the coin for it. i should have it by next month
If you plan on a lot of boosted launches you want to at least a billet input and output shafts with a good flexplate and the vb, tc and all that other good stuff.:thumbsup

·
Banned
75 Posts
+1 for the 10lb. launch. its your safest and best bet

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i went to the strip and ran 14.42 with my 37"mudders with a 2000rpm rev and about 13 psi launch. thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts