Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

PS Diesel Kleen

8258 62
Hey guys, i run the white bottle power service in my truck...and just wondering if running the diesel kleen (gray bottle) would be ok? im assuming it is...there isnt anything acidic in it is there? or anything that could possibly damage my fuel system?

thanks
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
532 Posts
i think the only big difference is the white bottle keeps fuel from not gelling, and the gray bottle doesnt, but im not completely sure. i just run the white bottle in the winter

· Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think the only big difference is the white bottle keeps fuel from not gelling, and the gray bottle doesnt, but im not completely sure. i just run the white bottle in the winter
it also reduces/stops gelling with the added bonus of really cleaning your pump and injectors which is what i could really use at 156k on stock sticks...

· Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe one had the cetane boost and the other didnt, hell i dont know, now i'm confused lol
they both have cetane boost also... lol the gray bottle boosts it by more numbers too. :thumbsup: so ive read...or maybe i was being stupid and didnt read the bottle right, i dno

· Registered
1,458 Posts

· Registered
532 Posts

· Registered
1,458 Posts
lol, now you got me wondering, i think i'll hold off on the 2 stroke, i'd rather pay alittle more for the diselkleen
:hehe::hehe::rof:rof:rof

Are you serious? Whatever.

· Rescue Tower
11,008 Posts
lol, now you got me wondering, i think i'll hold off on the 2 stroke, i'd rather pay alittle more for the diselkleen
What are you saying? Paying more works better? Look at the link I posted earlier. Diesel Kleen doesn't meet the minimum lubrication requirements. At least two stroke does that, and for less money. Now for the real kicker. Opti-Lube is even cheaper. At 3000:1 you use 1.6 oz per 34 gallons of fuel. The cost is a little over a dollar per fill up. Opti-Lube meets the recommended lubrication requirements, separates water. Two stroke meets the minimum lube probably does nothing for water, and diesel kleen does not meet the lube requirements and I believe it emulsifies water which is the worst thing you can do to a direct injection injector.

· Registered
4,608 Posts
The grey bottle is NOT anti gell, I just red the back of the bottle in my garage. The white bottle is anti gell.

· Registered
1,458 Posts
Diesel kleen...im sure it is lol but i just want to hear it from you guys.
Well, I'm not gonna tell you that it is.

Last time I put it in my truck, I thought it was gonna die every time the rpms dropped below 1300.

I already told you my recommendations.

· Registered
532 Posts
just because its something you dont use or want doesnt mean everyone else shouldnt try it and let them have there own opinion. i know around my town there really isnt much diesel additive to choose from, but for cumminspower2 i run the white bottle in the winters and i have no problem, its meant to be used in diesel trucks that why that make the stuff, not to intentionally ruin your engine, but try it if you want and if you dont like it dont use it anymore. its that simple!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.