Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its obviously a cummins, it has an auto behind it that is stock but fairly new. Im wondering what i can do to the motor to hop it up a bit but not too crazy. I dont want to spend to much, but im not cheap either. Any suggestions?

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum...I would say give your truck a good intake, 4" or 5" turbo back exhaust..then you can do some mods to the fuel plate and injectors and your truck will be running great :thumbsup. I think you can do some tuning to your injection pump as well...but I am sure some 12V experts will chime in here and let you know what they would do..:beer

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
Moved thread to 94-98 Performance Parts Discussion for better exposure for ya..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum...I would say give your truck a good intake, 4" or 5" turbo back exhaust..then you can do some mods to the fuel plate and injectors and your truck will be running great :thumbsup. I think you can do some tuning to your injection pump as well...but I am sure some 12V experts will chime in here and let you know what they would do..:beer
Cool did the K&N fipk kit and getting ready to do 5" straight pipe

·
Registered
493 Posts
FUEL PLATE i got the one for my old truck for $100 and it was the best thing i ever did. you will love it

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FUEL PLATE i got the one for my old truck for $100 and it was the best thing i ever did. you will love it
did it help the power quite a bit?

·
Registered
634 Posts
They help tremendously. You can put a "0" plate in there and gain 100hp at the wheels. You can also take the stock plate and slide it all the way forward and that helps a bit. I'm not an expert on these, but have been around a few. These engines are super easy and affordable to hop up and the most reliable ones built. Take care of the KDP, if you don't know what I'm talking about do a search for it. It's only a couple hour job, nothing major, but could save you huge headaches. Plug the wastegate on the turbo, adjust the afc, advance the timing and you'll be ready to go. For the tranny an upgraded valve body, or a shift kit will help it live longer. Along with a switch to keep the torque convertor locked up. The trannys are tough enough, just be easy if you're going to race, don't build too much boost before launch to keep the temp down.

·
Registered
634 Posts
You can also take your stock plate and grind it yourself and save some money. You just have to find someone with the profile you want. The "100" and the "0" plates are the most radical ones. I think "0" will go to max fuel right off idle. There are plenty more to choose from. Just talk to some of these guys and find out what they're running and make the call from there.

·
Registered
491 Posts
congrats on the truck and you can adjust the injector pump get a new plate and adjust the anould valve (how ever you spell it)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts