Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is CEL crazy. I get one almost everyday. I have had it at the dealer at least 8 times and am ready to make some changes. What I am looking for is the pros and cons of the different DPF deletes and if I should remove the EGR. I leaning toward the H&S kit from PDI with the intake and Edge w/ Att. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I know I don't have a 6.7 but I'd say go with the BADP kit. They are in Baytown, TX so not far off if you run into any issues. They have outstanding customer service! They also do installs. BADP!!!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Dude,

I bought the 4"- HS delete not the TBE, and then later made my own 5" system and used HS's fooler box... I now have the TBE in 5" and like it just fine. I did get the Juice with Attitude and set it to clear all codes at start up. You just have to wait each time you start the truck about 25 seconds...

Now one thing you might want to check on is they may have the code free stuff out now and you really should get those if they are... The DPF delete and the Juice with Attitude got rid of all my CEL issues. Just make sure you have thye AX flash right now and then I would get the DPF delete and a TBE and I would damn sure get rid of the EGR also dude, that EGR is one evil sucker with what it does to our engine oil...

There is plenty of support here on this site to help you through all this also. The BADP in BayTown might be a route also with it so close to you and they have lots to choose from.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I have been running the H&S box and had no issues. You cant go wrong with either the H&S or BADP. The 5" does have a very different tone over the 4"

·
Registered
190 Posts
Cowboy whats the different tone like? How did the install of yer Aussies go!?

·
5,055 Posts
The 4" sounds like a hair dryer almost. Just blowing air out. The 5" has a bit of rumble to it. Much deeper sound. The stacks are on and there is video and pics in the other thread.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EGR Delete

I have read that some trucks have had problems with the EGR delete. Any advice?

·
5,055 Posts
The ones i have heard about get weird codes. If they put everything back together to stock they will clear and be fine. What causes it i am not sure. Most i believe end up trying it a second time and no issues. It may have something to do with a partial regen cycle or something to that effect. Just speculating. I dont think i have heard of any permanent damage or trips to the dealer to fix it. Just reinstall, clear codes and you are good to go. If i am missing something someone should pop in and let us know.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

I can't begin to tell yall how much a I appreciate all the input. I am pretty sure that I am gonna order the kit from PDI. I think I will get more bang for my buck!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Cool deal on the PDI kit dude, as I was telling you in my first post here though, I have had issues with EGR delete. You need to make sure you have the AX flash... That with the DPF delete and the Juicew/Attitude set to clear on start up will get the job done...

Two other freebie things also I did and lov'em on my truck, was to remove the foam air baffle in the intake tube right downstream of the air filter box, but right above the VGT... Just loosen the top bigger geardrive hose clamp on that bigger section and pull that foam covered baffle out and put the top back on. Then go out and buy you the filter for the 5.9 and replace the 6.7 filter with this smaller 5.9...

I was not big on this at first dude, as I live in a really bad dusty place on this earth. Running the 5.9 filter still gives me a good filter I can just toss in the trash when dirty and they filter really well, but with less restriction of the 6.7 filter...

You get all this done on your truck dude, you will not only feel a difference, you will have a difference on fuel useage and I bet the CEL's will be fine with what you did and what the Juice does for what is left...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Air System

I already gutted the air intake system and do notice a difference. The kit that I plan to buy comes with a S&B cold air kit. This should force more cold air down Ol' Goliath's throat!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts