Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H&S Vs. BADP
Im Gonna get one want the best bang for the buck....
Whos running what .. and i want all the good and bad

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
maybe if someones has ran both >>>???

·
Registered
838 Posts
well, i've been told the badp is easier to wire in, which it was, haven't heard a lot about h&s since Badp put theres on the market... customer service with BAPD is great, H&S i thought was a little sketchy when i tried to contact them... just my $.02

·
Registered
179 Posts
From the sound of it H and S has worked on there customer service so I don't hear many complaints anymore. I think it's going to come down to 2 choices, Aluminum or Stainless steel. on a side note BADP offers pretty good deals on accessories if you order them with there TBE or at least they did when I ordered mine.

I think if H&S would just get a d*mn phone number for people to call with questions and ordering people would be more willing to take that huge leap. IMO it just scares the ba jebus out of me of them being here one day and gone the next with my truck on the side of the road

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Every one says wire in, IM LOST . H and S and BADP say plug and play... do they throw the same codes?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yes they throw the same codes, just a little easier with badp.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i would say to go with badp.....quick response and good customer service.....can't really say i've heard too much from H&S lately.

·
Registered
884 Posts
To me it was the price difference. Stainless wasn't that big of a deal for me for the price. I had good luck talking with H&S, and BADP's customer service is top notch. You cant go wrong I dont think, its just what you want to spend.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat with bg.6cummins. I ordered the 5"SS TBE kit from BADP and am waiting to get it. What codes are going to be thrown with it? Will I still be able to use the overhead display or is that where the codes come up? I do have the Edge set for code clearing at startup if that will help. Where does the code box that BADP sends with the exhaust actually plug into?

I couldnt find anything about H&S other than Performance Diesel Inc out of Utah sells them.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What where they going to charge you to install it? the H and S is 900$ TB. i guess you can get it from then and change the fooler box if needed at a later date.... Any comments?

·
Registered
733 Posts
PDI in Utah was going to charge me $2100 for the H&S kit, Edge Juice/Att and that was installed out the door. But after reading more and more about the delete kits, I thought BADP was the better product and they answered the phone and e-mail everytime I contacted them with questions. I bought the Edge from Desert Ratt in Phx for $764.00 and the install for a $125. They are going to install my delete kit for $125 also.

Basicly I saved a 14hr drive to and from Utah and a but load of money in fuel.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you got a better deal by not going to get it done. Theres gotta be some guys in the PHX area willing to help just to see how it works.. i know i would

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
off the subject... what that intercooler do to your egts? and boost?

·
Registered
733 Posts
the intercooler increases the cooling capacity by balancing the richer fuel mixture with greater airflow and cooler, denser air.The BANKS intercooler is much larger than the stock one and my EGT's dropped by a 100 degrees. Cant really say I'm getting better fuel mileage, but it sure didnt hurt it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Most of us were faced with the same ???? when we bought our delete kits. I chose BADP because I was able to speak to them and have them answer my questions before purchasing from them. This was important to me as there may be a time that something goes bad and I will be able to contact them and get it resolved. I tried to get a hold of H&S several times and to no avail. Imagine being stuck in a town away from home and the box goes bad....BADP will overnite a new one to get you going whereas you'd still be waiting to get a hold of H&S. Just my .02

·
Registered
733 Posts
Derekj,
thats what I was thinking. I cant wait until my delete kit arrives. What codes come up with the delete kit? I ordered the full 5" SS TBE. Will my overhead display show these codes and prevent me from using the display features??

·
Registered
692 Posts
Derekj,
thats what I was thinking. I cant wait until my delete kit arrives. What codes come up with the delete kit? I ordered the full 5" SS TBE. Will my overhead display show these codes and prevent me from using the display features??
I had the cat full message once on the overhead and that was because I did not wait long enough before starting for the edge to clear the codes. Once you have set your edge to clear codes before starting, you will never see the codes. All it takes is about a 15 second wait before starting and you will never know there was code. Overhead will never be affected and the tone of the exhaust gindda gives you your balls back, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Man I feel like darn kid counting the days until Christmas! I'm so excited to get that delete kit on. I ordered the EGR blocker plates from K2Diesel and they arrived yesterday, but that has to wait until the dpf is gone.

The sensors in the DPF's on the stock exhaust, do they screw in or pull out or how does that work? I just remove them and place them into the holes that are already provided in the BADP exhaust? Did you install yours, or have someone do it?

I want to understand as much as possible so I can answer any questions for the shop that will install mine.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Diverb, I installed my own kit. yes all you do is unsrew the sensors and screw them back into the new pipe. The only thing that was a pian was dropping the cross member. besides that it should be a breaze I ran a set of stacks so I had a little modding to do on my kit. But if you are running it straight back it's money. As far as codes go I've only gotten, low temp, low pressure and so furth nothing to really worry about. And the first time you turn on your exhaust brake you will be amazed.... If you want check out mine on youtube look for 6.7 stacks can't miss it!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'll check that out on youtube for sure. The cross member does go back on right? Also was it hard getting the downpipe off? I crawed under the truck and can barely reach up and touch the turbo and pipe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts