Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do some mods and want to make sure the order I am going to do them in is correct. I have an 07' 6.7 w/130,000 miles on it. It is a 4x4 DRW 4 door. I already did the AFE Filter & Exhaust. This is the order I want to do my upgrades in.

1. DPF Delete
2. EGR Delete
3. FASS System
4. TS- MP8
5. Edge w/Attitude

I want to make sure I delete this emission crap before I start dumping more power & I want to make sure I can pump enough fuel once I add on the power. Does this route seem the best way to go. I use this truck everyday to haul across the US & Canada. I haven't had ANY problems with it and I want to keep it that way. Any input on this would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thats an impressive amount of miles for a fairly new engine. Do you still have the same turbo and injectors?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats an impressive amount of miles for a fairly new engine. Do you still have the same turbo and injectors?
Same Turbo & Injectors as the day I bought it. Haven't had any check engines lights come on, regen issues, not a damn thing go wrong. Now my 07" 5.9 is a different story. I smoked that tranny @ 40k so I bought this one for work and now got 2 truck payments with my 5.9 modified to the max and the wife drives it and I'm stuck with the stock 6.7. I am out of a warranty now and time to see better MPG and Horsepower out of her. I can only imagine the soot build up I got after 130K when people talk about it when they only have 5k on the truck. Scray if you ask me.

Also once those mods are done should I do water/methanol injection? I got my shopping cart fuel on Kevins website and just waiting to check out but wondering about water/methanol.. Is it good for what I do as far as the miles & loads I haul?

Thanks
Jeremiah

·
Registered
694 Posts
i was wanting to get a fass and a pmt... but was wondering if i should get the fass first before them pmt? if i did would there be any issues of like too much fuel or anything?

·
Registered
117 Posts
o yea water meth is defentatley good for gas mileage, hauling and power

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o yea water meth is defentatley good for gas mileage, hauling and power
How long does the water/methanol last before you have to refill it. I have never seen the system and don't really know much about it. I do about 6,000k miles a week on my truck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
How long does the water/methanol last before you have to refill it. I have never seen the system and don't really know much about it. I do about 6,000k miles a week on my truck.
Holy crap
when do you have time to sleep?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Driving 7 days a week for 12 hours a day at an average speed of 70mph will almost put 6,000 miles per week on a rig. Are you the only driver?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Your order seems to be a good plan. You could do the edge before the FASS and before the current EGR delete as you will want to get rid of the codes. Water/Meth would be last. Also If you have a manual you will need to upgrade the clutch and an auto will need some help too, IMO.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Looking to do some mods and want to make sure the order I am going to do them in is correct. I have an 07' 6.7 w/130,000 miles on it. It is a 4x4 DRW 4 door. I already did the AFE Filter & Exhaust. This is the order I want to do my upgrades in.

1. DPF Delete
2. EGR Delete
3. FASS System
4. TS- MP8
5. Edge w/Attitude

I want to make sure I delete this emission crap before I start dumping more power & I want to make sure I can pump enough fuel once I add on the power. Does this route seem the best way to go. I use this truck everyday to haul across the US & Canada. I haven't had ANY problems with it and I want to keep it that way. Any input on this would be great.

Thanks
Well in less you want to wait for the code free exhaust delete, you will have to get the edge w/Att to delete the soft codes that it will throw.

Also, if you want the egr delete again you will have to have the Edge w/Att to delete the soft code.

Other wise you wont know when something else goes wrong, because the check engine light will be already on.

Just my 2 cents.:thumbsup

I would do in this order:

1 exhaust and Edge w/ att
2 air intake
3 egr delete
4 mp-8
5 intercooler
6 fass or dog with injectors

·
Registered
190 Posts
Dumb question I know, but what upgrades do you do to the intercooler?:thud:

·
Registered
634 Posts
You get a new from Banks or another high performance manufacturer. They don't lose any pressure, or leak, and I don't remember the numbers for sure but they cool the air charge alot more than the stocker. They will also flow more air.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I still can't get over the 6,000mi/week thing.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Driving 7 days a week for 12 hours a day at an average speed of 70mph will almost put 6,000 miles per week on a rig. Are you the only driver?
Yes. But when I am empty (not hauling for hire) I will run about 16-18 hours in a day which will give me about 1000-1100 miles. I live in Phoenix and mostly deliver to Canada so the miles can be racked up quickly

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still can't get over the 6,000mi/week thing.
Hell that ain't nothin. You should see my fuel bill. It's impressive but not something that is a positive to talk about. My rig hold 135 gallons (100 gal transfer flow tank). Hauling heavy I get about 9-10 so a weekly fuel bill cal be $2600 +/-

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Hell that ain't nothin. You should see my fuel bill. It's impressive but not something that is a positive to talk about. My rig hold 135 gallons (100 gal transfer flow tank). Hauling heavy I get about 9-10 so a weekly fuel bill cal be $2600 +/-
Have you ever thought about replacing your stock fuel tank with a 50 or 60 gal tank over your 35gal tank to get more range?

Wont help with fuel bill but you can go a little longer between fill ups.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You get a new from Banks or another high performance manufacturer. They don't lose any pressure, or leak, and I don't remember the numbers for sure but they cool the air charge alot more than the stocker. They will also flow more air.
What do those typically go for?:$:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you ever thought about replacing your stock fuel tank with a 50 or 60 gal tank over your 35gal tank to get more range?

Wont help with fuel bill but you can go a little longer between fill ups.
When I did my first truck with the Transfer Flow tank I looked into that but it was almost the same price as putting there 100 aux tank in. Also If I carry 150 gallons of fuel just adds more weight to my truck and @ 10mpg I wouldn't be able to drive 1500 miles in 1 day. I stop @ the truck stops each night and refuel/shower up so having to much fuel is just a waste of weight.

I can do about 1900 miles on 135 gallons if I am empty and cruising 70mpg down the freeway. You mpg kill you the more weight you add onto your rig so I try to fill just enough full for my driving needs that day and a little extra for traffic delays, etc.

·
Registered
694 Posts
dosent the stock 6.7 have a big enough intercooler? heard that they were pretty large and you dont need to mod them unless u get into some big numbers

·
Registered
72 Posts
just my two cents on the water/meth that my brother put on his 6.7 it was a joke and drinks the "boost juice" like its goin outta style he also has an edge/att. and my 6.7 with a bully dog and mp8 smoked him bad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts