Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one use projector style headlights? I want to replace my stock pieces of crap, I might as well drive around with just my parklights on.... at least they throw more light than my present headlights,
anyway E-bay has hords of different lights from projector to euro to diamond crystal, you name it they got it. any one have any good or bad experiences or lights or venders to stay clear of

I found this one, does anyone know if the projector style use stock bulbs or not?

I like the look of them but right now I need function over looks

eBay Motors: Dodge Ram 94-01 LED Halo Chrome Projector Headlights (item 330227510481 end time Apr-16-08 11:02:04 PDT)

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a set on my truck and they are awesome! they use the stock blinker bulb and thats it. only problem that i had is they had the griund and high beam wires mixed up just switch those and they are fine. well maybe they have fixed it but just to let you know

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't mean to jump in, but Blueboy maybe you can help me. I have the projector H1 with the (3) LED lights and halo that I got off of ebay and I installed 330ohm resisters before hooking to parking light so they would last longer. They work great. The only issue is that they are not bright at all and I change the 9005 bulb. Do you think that the wiring is the issue being my high beam indicator light stays on.

Here's a pic.

·
Registered
143 Posts
here is what i have

there not too bad i just need to take time and adjust them

·
Registered
31 Posts
I evan went as far as taking out the half eye pc. in the projector because I was getting a cut off line in the light projected out.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I got to get me some of them

·
Registered
31 Posts
The black look good! Did you have to add resisters on the LED's and Halo's?:thumbsup

·
Registered
689 Posts
so how bright are those lights? do they work well?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wasn't sure on mine so I went ahead and installed 2 330ohm. I do notice that those look brighter though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out if I need to switch my wires around as Blueboy quoted. Other than the high beam indicator staying on, the projection light and LED's work great. It's when I switch from low to high that is awful.:thud:

·
Registered
55 Posts
larry1025 i have the exact same problem on my 99. i tried switching the ground and high beam and it didn't work. only let the projector light stay on. i'm still trying to find a solution myself. the projector is really bright. much more than stock lights. is the projector and bulb next to it suppose to stay on together for high beams? and yes my high beam indicator stays on all the time as well. anyone know a fix?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, if I can remember I think there is blue or purple wires on the truck side of the wire that is switched around. If you take the two wires that are blue or purple, one of them has a white strip on it on the truck side of the light connector that plugs in, cut and flip the two around that sound make it work properly. The low beam is the projector and it's bright but shouldn't be as bright as you see. The high and projector do not come on at the same time.

Leave the lights that you bought the same as it came and just switch the two wires on the truck side. I did take the resisters off of mine that I added because the LED's and HALO's were not as bright. Mine have worked great so far. GOOD LUCK.:woot:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
when i switched bulbs my high beam indicator was always on and my fogs wouldnt work....put the stockers back in and all was good....could be the bulbs....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well if you have the aftermarket one pc. headlights with projector, halo & LED's the 1st thing is to tie the power from the LED and halo into your turn signal wireing. I guess you have had these for a while being your changing the bulbs. Changing the bulb should not cause other lights from working.

Sounds like to me if these are new and you are just putting them in is that you have not switched the wires around on the truck side of the harness. Who ever put these after market lights together screwed up majorly and the wire is backwards from whats original.

·
Registered
606 Posts
i had some got them off ebay looked great but i couldnt see 10 feet in front of me and the brights stay on all the time which means no fog lights i ended up selling them for cheap....

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got a set of this site and had the same problem with the wiring....I switched the wiring on the lights...a little small screw driver to release the wire from the connector and they pop off. and the projector are great....and the brights are like daylight outside.

use a test light to test for high and low and the one that doesn't light up is the ground....do the same for the light and wire them correctly.....offshore stuff EH...you have to always fix em to work properly

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
mine work, the light pattern is weird tho. if i have my fogs on, and switch from low the high, then back to low, the lows, highs and fogs all come on. thought it mighta been my switch, but i guess not now

·
Registered
55 Posts
ok guys, i finally figured out the way to wire these lights and make them work right. finally got a chance to put that electronics degree to work...:rof

on my '99 model truck. there is no high and low beam wire so to speak. there is the purple wire that is a straight connection to a fuse and 12volt positive supply. the other two wires, the blue/white and brown/yellow wire are simply grounds. the bulb on the stock lights was used to complete the current path and puts the whole system in series. if the bulb burns out, all voltage is lost because it acts like an open circuit. the high and low beams are simply paths to ground on the steering column selector switch. u do have to swap the purple wire with the blue/white striped wire so that both sides....high/low beams have 12volts on them all the time. it takes care of the high beam indicator staying on all the time because it doesn't complete the path for ground on both the high/low beams. simply changing the purple and blue/white wire fixes the high beam indicator problem but the crappy light produced by the high beam bulb has to be done another way. if u simply swap the purple with blue/white. the high beam ground wire is still in series with the bulb and the indictator light bulb and so on. while in series each bulb divides the 12volts equally. that's why the high beam bulb looked so weak. it only has around 6volts on it. i cut the wires completely off the high beam bulb and wired the red wire to the load side of a relay on the positive side and simply grounded the black wire to the chasis. now the weird part is, u have to wire the ground side of the relay coil to the brown/yellow wire. that's because it is actually a ground. and then run a wire to the positive side of a 12 volt battery source. do not add a ground on the relay coil. it get's it's ground through the high beam wire. now everything will work right. the high beam indicator only works when it's suppose to and the high beam bulb will about blind u with the entire 12 volts applied....:thumbsup

i hope guys that were scratching thier heads like me find this useful and helpful. i don't know how easy it is to follow. i'm not good at describing what to do so if u get lost or need help just message me. i finally got a chance to give back to the forum. my projectors are working soooo good now with this set up. took two days of head scratching before i figured it out...lol. :hyper:

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Any one use projector style headlights? I want to replace my stock pieces of crap, I might as well drive around with just my parklights on.... at least they throw more light than my present headlights,
anyway E-bay has hords of different lights from projector to euro to diamond crystal, you name it they got it. any one have any good or bad experiences or lights or venders to stay clear of

I found this one, does anyone know if the projector style use stock bulbs or not?

I like the look of them but right now I need function over looks

eBay Motors: Dodge Ram 94-01 LED Halo Chrome Projector Headlights (item 330227510481 end time Apr-16-08 11:02:04 PDT)
Here is what I did for my truck and I can see up to 1 full mile ahead and it selectable high/low beams. This was really cheap and easy to build...

Fog Lamps

I enjoyed it so much I added a batch for the back up lights...

Backup Lights

1 - 20 of 20 Posts