Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok, so here they are. i added an HID kit had sitting around which happened to have the proper H1 bulb for the low beam projector.

first, the install. 3 10 mm bolts hold the light assy's in. you have to remove the corner light first. you also have to loosen your bumper, the light looks like it will come out with the bumper tight, but it won't without breaking something; which also means you'll never get your new lights IN wihtout breaking something.
it's just 6 19mm nuts holding the bumper on. loosen them almost all the way off the bolts, it iwll give you enough room to move the bumper around to wedge the lights in.

anyway, i had to do some custom wiring, the harness that came with the lights wasn't right. if anyone wants details, let me knw.

the new lights fit in and the bolt holes lined up perfectly. however, the actual light assy leaves a gap around the fender where the corner light meets the fender, it's a little larger of a gap than i'd like but they are cheap headlights....

the horizontal cutoff of the hid's in the projectors is great, much better than a standard housing with an hid bulb.
on to the pics:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like them alot. I have been wanting to do this for the longest time and it will be my next project.
First, I have to get my on board air project done on the Jeep.:hyper:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts