Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my ever lasting quasi OCD , wanting to maximize storage space and add some cool factor ... i found some cool seats for the ram . the dodge journey 2016 , has some really cool features built in .. for one . the passenger seat folds flat, and the bottom flips open to reveal a storage area.
what id like to do is get two so the whole front can fold flat allowing the ability for a inside sleeping area.plus extra storage and cool factor .. i might have to get another passenger seat and drivers and try to swap the controls so they are on the correct side of the seat , or find a RHD passenger seat.
ideas , comments , offers of what drugs i need to make me less insane

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the slow process of installing them . unbolting the old brackets, cutting them up. aligning , then realigning 14 times front and back , side to side. tack in place , adjust again , take out , put back , take out put back .. lots of work .. still making brackets for the rear so its not complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,072 Posts
They look as uncomfortable as the seats in a Dodge Caravan I once test drove. My wife decided on a Toyota.

·
Registered
36 Posts
In the first gen Toyota Matrix (2003-2008), the front passenger and split rear bench seats will all fold flat, and all have the plastic on the back as well, rather than cloth. The rear seats and cargo area also have tracks with tracks for some light duty moveable tie down points. There is no underseat storage in any of those seats though, so probably not enough coolness for you. It would be the same seats in the same years of the Pontiac Vibe as well.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Nope you are not crazy , they look good and probl will be comphy in my opinion .

Very soon I will be putting 3rd or 4 th gen seats and center console in the ole 94 , soo I will be into a lil less fab work than you , but yeah I'll be cutting the 94 brackets and such. There is a write up covering the swap on here somewhere .
My son bought them just before he moved to Colorado and said if I get bored , I can put them in . Lol.
The present seating is clapped completly out .

What you have looks good so far !!!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
They look as uncomfortable as the seats in a Dodge Caravan I once test drove. My wife decided on a Toyota.
I think they look very comfortable and I applaud your good work.
Bravo!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys , i have the middle jumpseat mod i did too off a 3rd gen , so i have storage under there too. i like to have some stuff hidden and handy ..
ill be looking for a matching seat .. now if i could find a right had drive one so the passenger seat would be identical that would be awesome .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts