Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to do research but there are so many different brands and types and opioions. I decided i wanted a programmer so i could change tire size.got it narrowed down to bullydog and smarty jr. I just want one for Increase in fuel mileage and some hp. Of course the more hp the better but i do not want to have to change injectors and every thing else it will be mainly for pulling. But i heard smarty not so good mpg but i heard some people that were not so happy with bully dog. I was also going to put cold air intake and straight pipe on.

Anybody know what would be the best brand or best thing to do?also best intake to go with? That want make me go broke.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Post more info about your truck and how much more hp are you looking at gaining? There's a lot of programmers there that will change your tire size get you somemore HP and get you better MPG, but that's all depends on your driving style.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post more info about your truck and how much more hp are you looking at gaining? There's a lot of programmers there that will change your tire size get you somemore HP and get you better MPG, but that's all depends on your driving style.
I have an early 2004.Right now it is stock.Has 305/70/17.not really looking to race.so the hp does not matter to much.But if i am going to spend money to do upgrades like to have enough for it to run good without upgrading everything else like tranny injectors.so any where from 50 to 100.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
Smarty Jr. all the way. You cant go wrong.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
:agree2::agree2:

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
AFE for the intake, and smarty JR

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have Smarty JR and just recently hand calculated 22.6 MPG of mixed highway driving with it on Towing mode.

2006 Quad cab 4X4

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have the Smarty Sr. Last tank of fuel i got over 19mpg, hand calculated. I live in the country so i put on very few highway miles. By the way i run smarty on Level 9 w/ wild tq mnagement all the time w/ 315 BFG's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts