Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Black Maxx and the amount of smoke it produces? I am looking to buy and, at least for now, planning on keeping the emissions stuff on.

I know that most people are against Bully Dog, but for those of you that have used it, how bad do their tunes smoke (when they work that is)?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
the black maxx is made by H&S not bullydog, the bullydog PMT and Blackmaxx both smoke lots in xtreme/Hot mode, not so much on the lower settings. the smarty smokes the least and would probably be better if you want to keep your emission stuff on

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Can you use a PMT on a 6.7?
yes, but it doesnt work the best. surging on let off from WOT on Xtreme. if all you do is keep it in performance or tow it will work fine.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yea it poured the coal, especially with the EGR plugged in, it was waaaaaaay to much

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
is the bully dog gt a smoky programmer?? I have one just haven't got to use it yet!

·
Registered
254 Posts
My Black Maxx with Agg Turbo and Fueling smokes pretty good on the 175, not much on the 120 and none on the 60

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
I don't know about the Black Maxx, but the XRT must have the deletes done on the exhaust. Otherwise it does not work. Smarty and Edge will tune a stock truck without deletes. Don't know squat about PMT.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Black Maxx won't work with emissions PERIOD. ONLY deleted trucks. Smarty is the ONLY way to go if your looking to make power and have a clean tune.

Smarty can be used with or without deletes. I think anyone who has run a Smarty will agree it is the ONLY downloader that you can safely use on high HP settings with emissions intact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts