Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a used 2006 Mega and I was wondering if there is a way to tell if the previous owner used a programmer? I was interested in purchasing a programmer such as an EFI or Smarty, but if there is already a programmer installed I don't know how that will affect the perfromance... any info is greatly appreciated.

·
If you don't have the programmer the previous owner used, and/or suspect there might be a tune left on the truck, your best bet would be to go and get a clean flash done from the dealer and start fresh.

Reactions: sprouty10r37

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If you know someone with a smarty, borrow it and return your ecm to stock. Then go EFI LIVE.

Reactions: sprouty10r37

·
Registered
14,542 Posts
If you don't have the programmer the previous owner used, and/or suspect there might be a tune left on the truck, your best bet would be to go and get a clean flash done from the dealer and start fresh.
I agree with this. If you are worried about it get a clean flash from the dealer. Or, when you get efi live you can read or try to read it out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.