Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals, I am not here to step on any toes, BUT I think it is time we change our tactics...

The Moderators and Administrators have been chasing after many threads and posts lately having to change text that is looking like profanity or rude comments that have been made. I have done this before, I am not innocent, but I have seen my errors before I was warned. I think we need to clean up our site, because I have not met this many people on the internet that have this much knowledge they want to share. EVERYONE on this site has some type of knowledge that helps the next person. I would like to see this site be here for years to come, instead of the Admins saying "Its getting too hard to watch, Let's shut it down"... Just trying to help, and throwing in my .02 :rant:

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,246 Posts
:agree2: i am in now way innocent either, but chris my friend, you have a good point... too much knowledge to go to waste... :thumbsup my .02

·
Registered
235 Posts
agreed, best site ever!
and to stop profanity.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I target the 3rd Gen areas, General, Show Time, Suspension and a few others. I have yet to come across really negative, slam bashing posts. I find this forum informative, highly respectful and friendly. Every time I see a post like this, it leaves me scratching my head :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: Just my $.02 :$:

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I target the 3rd Gen areas, General, Show Time, Suspension and a few others. I have yet to come across really negative, slam bashing posts. I find this forum informative, highly respectful and friendly. Every time I see a post like this, it leaves me scratching my head :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: Just my $.02 :$:
It happens a lot of places, I always "get all new posts"...I want to learn or help all that I can, so I try to see it all.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree,trying to "get away" with swearing by using phonetic spelling makes you look like a fool.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree,trying to "get away" with swearing by using phonetic spelling makes you look like a fool.
I vote why do it...It takes more time to find the askertisk (you know what I mean) to help out than not using the word at all.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Who's brilliant Idea was it to spell Phonetic that way :lol3::rof A word that means to spell phonetically and it's not spelled phonetically:lol3::rof

·
Registered
146 Posts
Funny post. In my job, we cuss like drunk sailor pretty much all the time. In front of my kids, I never swear at all. As far as this forum, if you want to keep it perfectly clean, fine. But if you are old enough to drive, and old enough to serve in the military, say what you want. If you can't handle it.....too bad.

·
You can keep the change.
594 Posts
bad words are for young children. Lets all grow up a bit eh?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well, after reading this thread, thats a couple minutes of my life I will never get back:thud:

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
The whole purpose of this thread is to help get the word out to stop the profanity masking. Please help us keep CF a great site and a place for people of all ages to come and learn about Cummins Diesels. If you feel you must use that kind of language on this forum then become a premium member and go to the "Smoking Lounge"...:beer

If this thread goes south and is not serving a purpose then it will be closed.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
No need for personal attacks in here gents...lets keep it civilized an on track. If you have nothing useful to say then move on.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
The forum has rules that everyone agreed to when they signed up. If you prefer a forum that is loaded with profanity and highly sexualized comments, go find one and have a ball. Otherwise, when visiting Cummins Forum, you are expected to follow the rules of the forum.

To Chris Mallett and others supporting the rules of the forum, thanks. To those mocking the rules, continue at your own peril.

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
I don't see any reason to use profanity on the internet, except if you're a little kid trying to sound cool (hop into any Counter-Strike server, sit back and be ready to laugh at kids who sound 5 years old using that language). I was raised to not use language like that although my parents do every now and then, my brother takes it too far. I rarely even use profanity even when talking to friends, it's just not the way I am. I'd rather come up with some witty thing to say than something 80% of the rest of the world uses.

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
90% of the members on here are mature adults. I have been a firefighter for over 20 years.....so lets just say....there isn't much I haven't heard...:lol3:

to the mechanics,blacksmiths,oil field workers...who ever you are.....as you know,there is a time and place.
Just as one member said...he doesn't do it in front of his kids.....and MOST don't do it in public.

Cummins forum is not the place for it either....that was the whole point of Chris's post.

To the 90% of you who understand...thank you!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
:agree2: Tim, you took the words right out of my mouth.

The field that I work in requires me to swear at certain people because it's the only thing they understand. I don't swear or mask swear words on CF because it has no purpose.

There are a lot of things on CF that bug me and the swearing is one of them.

The other is people posting before they think and the posting of false information. I have seen so many posts where people personally attack someone else. I have also been part of personal attacks in reference to the posting of false information. I tried to post the correct information with links to sources where I got the info and got slammed for it. Not that I care, but some people act like they are 12.

Anyway, enough of my rant because I'm sure some one is cussing me out right about now. Lets all do our part to keep CF the best forum out there! :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 61 Posts