Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good deal? I found a prodigy brake controller version 2.6 for $89 brand new. I do have a harness that is tied up from the factory to the rest of my wires by my emergency brake. Will I still need to buy the dodge harness that they recommend? Does that harness plug from the prodigy controller to that factory plug? Thanks

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
No need to buy their specific harness. Just splice the dodge harness with the Prodigy harness. That's what I did, and it is nice an neat, if you are careful.

Price sounds good to me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dude sounds like a good price to me....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thats a dang good price. I just orderd on last week and it cost me $120.
Its a nice system though.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Should be:

-Positive
-Ground
-Brake Sense (from the pedal)
-Brake Feed (out to the trailer)

·
Registered
32 Posts
get the prodgy pre-wired harness, I think it is only $10, and makes it really easy to install, just plug it in, and mount the bracket and your done:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
get the prodgy pre-wired harness, I think it is only $10, and makes it really easy to install, just plug it in, and mount the bracket and your done:)
:thumbsupI agree definitely get the pre-wire harness. easy to install and looks better tucked up in there.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
thats a great price i sell and install them at work... there is only 4 wires to hook up
red-output
blue-brake feed
white-ground
black-12v power

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered the controller but they didn't have the wiring harness so I think I'll just save a few dollars and solder the wires and put some heat shrinking wrap around the wires. I'm pretty sure I can do a decent job on keeping the install clean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a prodigy 2.6 for sale if anyone is looking for one. was on my dads truck, he never used it. RVWholesalers.com has them for $89.99

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just put one in two weeks ago... The instructions come with a VERY simple color-to-color chart to splice their four wires to your Dodge's four wires.
Seriously it took me 3 minutes to splice the wires.

I really like the controller so far, it is smooth and simple to operated...
Once it's set up it requires nothing but to plug the trailer in and go. :peelout

1 - 16 of 16 Posts