Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well biodiesel spiked my interested quite awhile ago, and with recent spikes in diesle prices..and my DEEP want for a diesel truck i have began to do some heavy research into this and got some books.

Some thing i would like to ask to those of you, with processors, where do you keep them?

Is this some thing i can safely build in a bay of a 3 car garage attached to my house? or should i build a dovoted shed for it in my back yard.

I ask this, because this is a defning factor as to whether i will be pulling this off. In less then three weeks i will be moving in with my old man while i attend school, and i would really like to try this out, speicaly since he drives a diesel as well and doesn't like prices... the only option would be the garage.

Any advice would be greatly appreactied

Thanks folks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Best check with your insurance agent brfore you spend much on an installation to be sure you are not violating some hazard or fire clause. Then, I would pour a slab and park a 12 x 20 or so on it and make some fuel.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best check with your insurance agent brfore you spend much on an installation to be sure you are not violating some hazard or fire clause. Then, I would pour a slab and park a 12 x 20 or so on it and make some fuel.

lol don't have THAT much room. and not quite up to the production state yet

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

LOL, I would just tear your house down and build a station specifically for making fuel!

dude I have my in my garage, they dont take up that much room. Just make sure its in a ventilated area

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
The shed is a better place for it. If anything should happen to go wrong, it's much less of a problem in the shed. Also - it's nice when you can vent the fumes somewhere other than where you sleep.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I hope your old man doesn't mind the mess. We try very hard to run a clean operation, but there's still grease running everywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts