Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 dodge 3500. ever sense i got this truck it has been nothing but problems flash after flash egr problems and the biggest problem smoke. it smokes all the time. its like those videos you have of these trucks with stacked programmers and everything. but this is a stock truck. most of the time the smoke is coal black but sometimes it is white or gray. i was wondering if any of you guys have any idea what the problem is. it doesn't have a engine light on at the moment but they come on and off often. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
cracked DPF. It needs to be replaced, you might also have a bad turbo. do you know what any of your codes are

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
faulty egr also cause smoke, so might be the egr allowed so much smoke that it caused dpf failure

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well

we have already had the dpf replaced. usually the codes are said to be something to do with it or with egr cooland bypass. thats the ones i know about i will check over paperwork for others.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I would agree its a cracked DPF. If you have already had one replaced then something else is wrong causing the DPF to crack, possibly the EGR valve getting stuck open and pumping too much crap into the DPF. Hopefully you can get the dealer to resolve it for you, that or you can look into the Deletes and solve the problem yourself.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My truck has sure been smoking also. It pours black smoke out when I accelerate. I think my EGR and DPF have been stolen. :rof:rof

I had some of the same problems and finally ditched the causes ie. DPF&EGR. Now she smokes only when I call on her! Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts