Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i turn the radio up past a certain point the front speakers will shut off. they arent even on very loud and there $150 a pair speakers. When i wired them up they had 3 wires for the stock...but where does the third wire go? i put it with possitive because if you dont hook it up there is no sound that comes out...... anyone ever wired up after market door speakers before?

·
Premium Member
16,205 Posts
If you had an stock Infinity system before then the third wire is supposed to be 12 volts positive for the amps in each door.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then cant i just hook that to the possitive too? and why would it turn off my whole sound if one or both are disconnected?

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
its power supply to the amps. you DO NOT want it hooked to the positive terminal of the speaker (this is likely the sole reason they cut out!)

The power is likely feeding back into the deck and the deck is cutting out to save itself from burning up...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you leave it unhooked?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You have to bypass the amp. Some trucks had them in the door and some had them under the dash. Don't remember which one was which. Pull the deck and re-run your speaker wires from the deck to the speakers completly bypassing the amps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts