Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Problems With My Cat

710 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  atc250r18
G
Not what you think. Last Thursday morning I was hauling my camper for a long holiday weekend. I got about 3 miles north of my town and heard the most awful noise ever. I thought here we go. I have never had any problems, but I thought something had just completly fell out from under the hood. I was looking at the dash for lights and checking guages, and didn't see anything. I hit the pedal and was still under power and the noise had stopped. I checked guages again and and temp was 230 and climbing fast. Before I found a good place to pull over it was pegged, and this was all within 1/4 mile of when it happened. I pulled over and popped the hood. It seems a kitten had spent the night under my hood. Bad for me, but really bad for him. It took my belt out, but didn't cause anymore damage other than the mess. About 3 hrs, and a hundred dollar bill later, I was on my way again. I hope the motor getting that hot didn't hurt nothing, but it wasn't hot for very long, and not hot enough to be spewing any coolant.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Diesel Junkie
4,194 Posts
:lol3: I had a room mate in College have the same thing happen.....that cat survived though......

Glad it didn't tear up to much.....sorry if I sound cold to any cat lovers, but I can't stand the little critters...

· Dey took er jerbs!
2,198 Posts
Does the belt cost $100???

· Registered
279 Posts
yeah we had the same type of problem, but it was a rat that got his way up into the engine bay of our 1982 collector edition corvette. we went out to start it and heard a "THUD" and shut the car off and looked inside the engine bay and there was a complete mess.

· Smells like Bananas
9,086 Posts
You murdering SOB, How could you. Somebody is going to have to call PETA(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Chit thats funny, That happened to one of my teachers from way back when. Though the cat was between the belt and a pully and still alive. It did not survive the next start up though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, maybe I should call PETA and tell them that the EPA has these trucks running so hot that cats crawl up in them to stay warm and are getting killed. Maybe we can get them on our side to delete the emissions.:lol3::lol3:

· Registered
2,126 Posts
Hey, maybe I should call PETA and tell them that the EPA has these trucks running so hot that cats crawl up in them to stay warm and are getting killed. Maybe we can get them on our side to delete the emissions.:lol3::lol3:
:rof:rof good thinking, then the greenies are going to be hating us even more. were killing their critters and stealing their air hahahaha... for some reason though, I dont care!!:T::T::T::lol3::peelout

· Registered
723 Posts
:rofAnd I thought you were talking about the after treatment system. I almost wet my pants:CRY:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.