Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 cummins. The other night when I was driving I started noticing a significant loss in power. I have the Edge Juice with Attitude in it. Even in stage 5 I was not hardle blowing any black smoke. Tonight I was driving it and I would get on it one time and it felt like I had the power I should, I would let if fuel down and get on it again and I wouldnt it just wasn't there again. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Clogged fuel filter maybe?? How many miles?? ever change the fuel filter??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clogged fuel filter maybe?? How many miles?? ever change the fuel filter??
I just changed the fuel filter about 3000 miles ago. I have 115000 miles on the the truck

·
Registered
400 Posts
Its possibly the lift pump went.. Im sure someone will chime in soon with more knowledge then me..

·
Registered
177 Posts
my edge does it every once and a while i have to turn the chip down and then back up and its good to go

·
SNAFU
3,369 Posts
Check your fuel pressure relief valve, it might have popped. When mine went my truck was a dog, I couldn't even outrun my cousins 1st gen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only gauges I have is the gauges that you can look at with the edge juice with attitude, and the trans. temp. Today while I was driving it I was driving about 55 or 60 with the edge on stage 5 and i went to lug it and It fell on it nose and started sputtering for a few min. Then alll of a sudden it started driving normal again. I went to lug it again and it did it to me again. i turned the chip down and it started driving fine. Do you think that it might be something in the chip? Do you think that I might have a injector clogged?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Edge piece has a defueling option on it. if it senses power loss it will defuel the engine witch will cause it to jump with in an RPM range, say 2000 and 2200. you can change the settings so that it will not cut the fuel to see if that is the cause. keep in mind it's doing it for a reason, if the MPH does not increase with the RPM your losing power some where. more than likely your tranny. good luck.

·
Driving around on Stilts
1,729 Posts
Check your fuel pressure relief valve, it might have popped. When mine went my truck was a dog, I couldn't even outrun my cousins 1st gen.
^^^^:agree2::agree2: just pull the banjo bolt and if it wet then the Valve is shot. It would be worth changing the fuel filters again just in case you got a bad tank of fuel, and the lift pumps on the 03-early 04 had a tendency to fail with no warning.
Keep us informed on what you find:thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine did the same thing a couple of months ago, would just have no pick up and go, sometimes it would stall, but it would always restart, and drive like nothing happened for a little bit. I replaced the filter and was good for a week or so... It started doing it again, put an AirDog150 in, and have had absolutely no problems since..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its possibly the lift pump went.. Im sure someone will chime in soon with more knowledge then me..
It turned out it was the lift pump. It didn't help me that I took it to the dealer and had the fuel system checked out twice and they told me that everything was good. :banghead: Yesterday i took it to ATS Diesel performance to have them look at it. Thanks to all who responded!:yourock:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dang that must be what mine is to then I was having the same problems but now when you come up to stop and push the clutch in it dies and sometimes restarts and now it wont start at all I could adjust the fuel box and it would start but I think it is totally dead now. are there any good deals out there on a lift pump the best I can find is 207.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are there any good deals out there on a lift pump the best I can find is 207.
I don't know what there is for deals out there, but i decided to go with a Raptor, its running me about 800 installed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yah I have been looking into it and I have decided to go with the fass Its 625 or somewhere in that ball park for the big one might as well go bigger then needed. I looked at another one that is just a repleacement for the lift pump but I want something I wont be changing all the time I have a fass on my ford and it does good.

·
SNAFU
3,369 Posts
a good deal might be going with the Holly blue pump, that is what I'm gonna do, do a search for it there is a really good write-up on here somewhere for doing that pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok I will thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
Dang that must be what mine is to then I was having the same problems but now when you come up to stop and push the clutch in it dies and sometimes restarts and now it wont start at all I could adjust the fuel box and it would start but I think it is totally dead now. are there any good deals out there on a lift pump the best I can find is 207.
Your signature does not say anything about your truck. The lift pump is covered under warranty. The 5yr/100,000 mile engine warranty (or 7/70) has a $100 deductable. If you live in California, it is covered under the smog warranty with $0 deductable. I know, because I had to point that out to my dealer and get my $100 back. The dealer installs an in-tank pump, changes the wiring, and re-flashes the computer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Air Dog 100 499.00 Glacier Power....Ron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts