Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it goes, I ordered a 5inch turbo back exhaust/ice box for my truck. I have a early 04 cummins. I took the truck to the local mod friendly minekie (sp) muffler shop. They hacked my exhaust off, cut it all up and the farm boys kit wouldnt work, laiter we found out it was for a 04.5 on up and the down pipe was too large. So the shop welded my stock exhaust all back up. I called Gus and he sent me a turbo flange for a 04.5 on up insted of a 03-04 downpipe and said it would work... no big deal. Well today I got off work at 7am, drove to the muffler shop (20 miles away) told them about the deal, they hacked off my exhaust again, bolted the new turbo flange up. But this time the downpipe wouldnt fit on the flange becasue its hitting the trans dipstick. To make matters worse when he sent me the new flange I didnt get any exhaust clamps with it. So the shop owner goes and buys a couple clamps, none would fit, and the local dodge dealer doesnt have any. So being the nice guy he his the shop owner tried to moddify several clamps and he couldnt get it to work. So now Im out $150, I have a truck with no exhaust on it, and I have a trans dipstick mount thats moddified and leaking all over the shop floor. So over all Im not mad at Gus, I am just wondering if I wasted my money or am I finally gonna get the right parts.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
man sounds like a bad situation.... but I would suggest that you send him a PM instead of putting this out in the open forum... I know that it really sucks and I'd be PISSED if I were you too.. but on this site we just ask that you try and solve this in private before putting it out in the open forum... Best of Luck!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not mad, and im not meaing anything by posting it. I just got off the phone with Gus and he made everything right. All the parts are on the way. Basically Im very happy with Gus, he is making everyhing rite for me. This shows you his customer service is the best in the business, Ill deffinitly buy more stuff from him in the future!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
do a hoodstack and be done with it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts