Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any problems with 07's? I am looking at getting one soon, but i don't know too much about them. Also what do you think of the G56? Any info would be great.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
5.9 or 6.7? Either way both awesome trucks! No real big problems that I know of other than the DPF on the 6.7. I like the G56 have not had any probems the dual mass flywheel and clutch setup isn't that great but other than that great!

·
Registered
240 Posts
There are no issues specific to the '07s that I'm aware of, that don't relate to any other 3rd gen.

I've got 37,000 miles on mine, so far I've had the driver's seat foam replaced (search around, you'll find more than you care to read on the crummy seats in these trucks), and I had a water leak in the cab.

Both issues were fixed under warranty.

Other than that its been a solid truck. I'm not overly impressed with the quality of materials and the fit & finish of the interior but other than that, its been fine.

Can't tell you about the G56, as I have an auto.

·
Registered
407 Posts
There are no issues specific to the '07s that I'm aware of, that don't relate to any other 3rd gen.

I've got 37,000 miles on mine, so far I've had the driver's seat foam replaced (search around, you'll find more than you care to read on the crummy seats in these trucks), and I had a water leak in the cab.

Both issues were fixed under warranty.

Other than that its been a solid truck. I'm not overly impressed with the quality of materials and the fit & finish of the interior but other than that, its been fine.

Can't tell you about the G56, as I have an auto.
:agree2:

I agree with you on the cheap materials in the interior. Not overly impressed with how the seat fabric is holding up in the back seat. That "YES essentials" special fabric interior ain't what it's cracked up to be. Other than that, my 07 w/auto trans has not had a single thing go wrong with it in nearly 3 yrs and 30k miles. Rock solid reliability. :thumbsup:

·
World Champs!!!
23,971 Posts
None. Lets see...love the seats. Love the interior and exterior design. Love the materials used. Love everything about my truck (other than my "built" auto that hasnt been built right yet in 4 or 5 attempts:doh:)

Great trucks. Ill put it up against the "all mighty" POS Fords any day of the week:stirpot:

·
West Virginia Chapter VP
1,383 Posts
I LOVE MINE:party018: But the Clutch WILL FAIL :S: Just make sure you plan on it:shock:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the truck I am looking at is a 5.9. I don't really want to deal with a 6.7. how would the clutch hold up to a mild tune less than 100 hp? Not dumping the clutch or anything. Just the accasional smoke out on tailgaters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.