Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my whole front windshield tinted to 5%, plus over my 10"eyebrow that is 5% already. I had my sirius working normal for a couple days then I drove 500 miles to my house. Then the next day poof radio is on channel 184, but it will pick up channels from 184 to 130 if you seek Down. And the clock reset itself. Does the front windshield do anything or not with receptions? I called sirius and still waiting for a human being.:confused013:

Thank you for any input.

· Registered
3,516 Posts
the antenna is on the roof.... must be something mechanical or something on there end, mine is working fine

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
called Sirius after 30 minutes of being on hold they reshot the signal and it worked, but lost it again so disconnected battery cables overnight and it works, karma.....

· Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,449 Posts
wow, talk about a serious safety hazard. I hope you don't drive the truck except between the hours of 9am-5pm. I certainly wouldn't want to be on the road with you in low-light situations.

· Registered
800 Posts
my windshiedl is 35%, but dang 5%? put some pics up of that i wanna see it.:shock:

· Premium Member
1,058 Posts
I've got 15% on my windshield and 5% over everything else and it gets difficult when it's dark and raining outside but i love the way it looks. I had 5% on the windshiled of my old honda accord and it wasn't much different than what i've got now. but hope you get everything working alright

· Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,449 Posts
Hope you never get into an accident. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Down here the illegals would see you coming and pull out in front of you intentionally, on the phone with their lawyer the whole time.

· Premium Member
1,058 Posts
i keep a razor blade in my truck just for that reason; if i feel it's necessary and i get in an accident i will rip the tint off and have the glue off of it in a matter of 30 seconds tops. I had an accident in the accord and it was tinted 5% on the windshield and it was never an issue.

· Registered
111 Posts
I have a really bad comment I would like to make about a tinted windshield. Some times it's just better to shut up so enough said.

Captain_s54---- 3/4 ton Cummins, 4x4, short bed, Quad. stock running gear and a see through windshield.

· Registered
161 Posts
I just got my whole front windshield tinted to 5%, plus over my 10"eyebrow that is 5% already. I had my sirius working normal for a couple days then I drove 500 miles to my house. Then the next day poof radio is on channel 184, but it will pick up channels from 184 to 130 if you seek Down. And the clock reset itself. Does the front windshield do anything or not with receptions? I called sirius and still waiting for a human being.:confused013:

Thank you for any input.
WOW That would get you impounded around here. I am all for tint but 5 over a 5 band I dont know how you can see in the middle of the day. LOL. I bet i looks good though

· Registered
1,111 Posts
I have 5% on the windshield and double limo on the sides and back of my "company car". It’s not as dark as y’all think, but does kind of sucks at night in the rain. The double limo on the sides is a real PIA at night though, but it’s tinted like that for a reason! I would do 35% on my windshield, but I'd have to get it redone every year because the annual inspection and registration stickers are on the inside the windshield in Texas and it they never match up with the tint when the stickers are replaced.

· Registered
209 Posts
Are you a cop txpig?

· Registered
212 Posts
you know, a lot of tinting has conductive materials in them that makes for a long-lasting tint, but can also inhibit radio reception. Formula One makes a tinting that is non conducting for this very reason. Not sure if this is your real problem, but it does go along with the thread.

· Registered
426 Posts
I like it man. Looks good. Who cares what anyone else thinks. It your truck do what you want.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.